Chapter 5

Emma's POV

To; Emma Swan

I knew you'd get in touch! Good luck meeting him, I only got custody to spite you, to ruin your life. As soon as you were in prison, I gave him up for adoption. So I hope you have fun finding him.

Neal Cassidy

A sob ripped through my body as I showed my mom the messages. "What the hell!?" She shrieked. She comforted me and I finished packing. She gave me a ride to Regina's and she helped me unload the car. After we'd brought in all of my stuff, Mary Margret kissed my cheek and drove off. "What's wrong?" I hear Regina ask, I don't dare turn around because if I look at her, I know I'll cry. "Nothing. Why would you ask?" I question. "I dont really know." She sighed "Maybe it was the big, red, puffy eyes, or maybe it was the sulky attitude. But anyway, what's wrong?" She asks, I tell her everything. She smiles, I can help you find him, he can move here, with us, maybe?" She smiles, I smile back. "That'd be great." I whisper, she helps me unpack, I begin to wander what he's going through, what if he's being abused? What if he's being loved so much that he doesn't want to leave? I can't tell which is worse.

(New York Adoption Agency - Emma)
"Hello?"
"Uhm, hi, my name is Emma Swan, I was just wandering if a boy, a baby boy, was dropped off her three years ago. His name was Henry Cassidy."
"Um, let me see."
"Okay."
"Yes, he was."
"Oh, that's so great, where is he now?"
"Sorry ma'am, we can't pass out that information."
"But I'm his birth mother."
"Do you have any evidence of this?"
"Yes, I am aware you are obliged to keep a copy of his birth certificate."
"Yes, ma'am."
"Check that."
"Okay ma'am."
"Ah, here we are, Miss Emma Swan."
"Can you tell me where my baby boy is?"
"We transferred him to a group home in Boston, he is currently seeking a new home, though."
"Could you sign him over to me?"
"That can be arranged."
"Great!"
"We need to know some minor details though."
"Okay."
"Where do you live, how many bedrooms, any partner, father visits, and any other children?"
"Okay, so 108 Mifflin Street Storybrooke Maine, 4 bedrooms, I have a girlfriend she lives with me, father is out of the picture, and no other kids."
"You can have him by Thursday."
"Thank you!"
"Okay, bye."

"Girlfriend, huh?" Regina taunted. "Shut up, the wouldn't let me have him if I was living in a small house with a friend and I were to be a single mother. " I quickly retorted. "I know, I'm teasing." She giggled.  I rolled my eyes and laughed. "Anyway, I'm starving, shall we order pizza?" I smiled. "There's a pizza place in this town?!" I ask excitedly. She shakes her head and laughs at my enthusiasm. "No, but Granny's does a great take out pizza." She laughed. Then went downstairs to order, leaving me alone with my thoughts.