Chapter Two

After a while they head to his bedroom and fall asleep fast. It was exciting day, wasn't it? The next morning Mike wakes up barely remembering what happened yesterday. Suddenly he hears her. His Wool Hat.
"Good morning, Love" She says with a sweet voice.
"AAAAAAAAHH" Nez is scared at first and starts screaming. "AAAAAAAAAAH" Screams clothing in answer.
"AAAAAAAHHH" Screams Mike again. He shuts up, feeling strong head ache. Hangover, of course.
"Honey, it's just me!"
"Wut?" Mike completely doesn't understand anything.
"Don't you remember last evening?" "Eh... shall I?"
"I think so..." Hat shyly whispers.
"And what happened then?"
"What happened? I said, that I love you. I told you all my backstory, everything. I have no secrets between you anymore. I love you" Mike opens his eyes widely.
"Wait... Is it a joke? You're a wool hat. Wool hats don't talk! What the..."
"I'm not just a wool hat! We talked of it yesterday. Don't you remember all those years together?"
"But..." Mike still can't believe it's true. It is so weird and seems kinda wrong to fall in love with his clothing. Wool Hat starts crying. She doesn't know how to explain this again. He should remember!
"Just... just give me a chance! I'll never leave you. Girls are coming and going but wool... Wool is forever"
"You know... I can't believe that I'm saying it... But it could work..." Wool Hat cheers up
"Ye Haaw! I've been waiting for so long!" She hugs Mike.

Mike gets up. He is talking with Hat about their future, still wondering is it all a dream or not. Then there is knocking at the door.
"'Ello, Mike! Who are you talking with?" Davy starts as the rest of his band get in.
"Eh... no one, you were just hearing things. Anyway... what are you doing here?"
"We've got a tryout today, you coming?" Nez looks up. He has different plans for today. First time for a long time.
"Well I've got something to do... something important" he smiles "Maybe tomorrow" Band mates are just a bit disappointed.
"Well, okay then. C'ya!" They leave Nez's house.
"Hat?" Mike asks after a moment of silence.
"Yes, Mike?"
"Do you wanna go to the restaurant with me?"
"Everywhere with you"
"But... You know... Go on a date..." Wool Hat blushes and squeezes.
"Yes! Yes!" Mike smiles.

Nez walks into the restaurant. He looks for the free places. And then he sees her. The girl that's sitting in the corner... She's beautiful. Mike's heart stops beating for a moment. She's not very tall, but thin and delicate. She has got short, brown hair and deep, blue eyes focused on a tea, which she's drinking. The mysterious girl is wearing cowboy outfit, even with hat. Her person intrigues Mike. He is watching her and standing like an idiot and finally decides to talk to her. "Umm... hi" he waves to her and feels something on his head but ignore it.
"Hello" she looks at him and smiles.
"May I have a seat?" Mike asks and she nods.
"I've never seen you before, I'm afraid."
"Yeah, I moved in yesterday. I'm from Texas."
"Really?"
"Yeah, why?"
"Well, I'm from Texas too" he grins. "That's nice" She says and keeps drinking. Nez orders coffee still with this strange feeling in the place of Wool Hat
"So I'm Michael, Mike most of the time"
"I'm Cynthia"
"Cynthia is a nice name" Mike is waiting for the coffee and when waiter brings it, he starts to drink slowly. Awkwardly silence comes between them. Mike doesn't know what to say. Radio is playing in the background. One song is over and then starts A Hard Day's Night, what cause Mike's smile. He's got good memories with it. He remembers when he played it with his band mates. Cynthia stars to humming. Mike looks at her.
"It's my favorite song" She smiles.
"I like it too" He says and joins her.
"I remember when we played it on our first gig."
"You play?"
"Yeah, I've got a little band. The Monkees. You probably never heard about us" He adds giggling. "I play the guitar"
"Wow that's great! Where do you play? I'd love to hear you!"
"Umm... really? Well, we haven't played anywhere for some time but you can go to our tryout."
"Great. When?"
"Um... Tomorrow at 4 p.m. in our band mate's basement"
"Okay, where?"
"34th street 7"
"I'll be there. I can't wait to hear you" "So...see you tomorrow" Cynthia gets up, pays for the tea, waves to Mike and leaves. Nez smiles to himself. He really likes her and is excited about tomorrow's tryout.
"Hat... Are you there?" Snort is an only answer.
"What's going on?"
"Guess it"

Nez comes back to his flat and calls his friends.
"'Ello?" He heard strong manchester accent. Davy!
"Hi, Mike here"
"Oh hi, what's up?"
"This tryout... Maybe tomorrow at 4 p.m. ?"
"Um ok... sounds good." Davy's happy that his friend finally decide to leave his house.
"Great and... Um I invited someone... Hope you guys have nothing against?"
"No, that's o- Who's it?" His friend sounds existed.
"You don't know her, she's new here."
"Hmm ok... C'ya!"
"Bye"