Chapter Four

Cynthia sits with head sleepy based on Mike's shoulder. She feels like she finally finds somebody. Somebody to love. Then Micky suddenly appears.
"Hey guys" He greets them.
"Oh... hi" She jumps slightly on her seat and takes head from Mike.
"Hello" Says Nez yawning.
There is awkward silence for a long while but Micky decided to break it.
"So, Cyn... How's our band doin'? Are you gonna buy our album someday?"
"Maybe... Someday"
"Nice... Tell something about you" He brings himself a chair and they start talking. After a moment Mike doesn't feel well and politely leave party. He wants to talk to Wool Hat but if he asked for time, that's okay.
About hour later party is over. Cynthia says goodbye and heads to her house. Boys wave to her and look at each other.
"I like her. She's nice." says Micky and walks away.

Mike wakes up next day after the party. Beautiful Californian sun shines brightly. He doesn't even have hangover. Everything seems fine, he has got his hat and is proud of it, his band and his first fan... Cynthia. If Mike weren't so sweet and innocent he would probably understand that girl has a little crush on him. He overruns and hears sweet voice.
"Good morning, love" says Wool Hat.
"Hi" answers Mike.
"How you doin'? Did you think about us?"
"Us? Oh, yes. You don't have to be jealous. I want to be with you, not anyone else" For the first time, he doesn't even feel crazy, saying this. Somehow Mike feels that Hat smiles.

He gets up and makes himself. He has nothing special to do so he decides to go walking.
"What a wonderful weather!" Wool hat cheers
"I love sun! I didn't see it much lately though" She nudges Mike gently.
"Yeah... forgive me" He smiles.
One old woman with dog looks at him like he was crazy because of laughing to himself but he doesn't really care. They come back home and Nez starts playing his guitar. Wool Hat fangirls over him and keeps telling how great guitarist he is. Mike smiles broadly. They talk about almost everything and he thinks he truly loves her. Later that day there is phone ringing and Davy reminds him of their last tryout before first gig for a long time.
Gig! He almost forgets. He has to get ready and masters his part.

Mike hurriedly goes out and comes to the gig.
"Hi, mates!" He says.
"In a good mood?" Asks Davy.
"Because of this girls" Pete grins.
"Who?"
"You know, Cynthia" Everyone smiles like 'we know'.
"She's nice... Yes" Mike nodds.
"She promised she'll come to the concert today" Says Micky.
"Cool"
"Yup" They start a gig, having fun. When the time comes, they go to sweet, small pub and to ger ready before the show.

People come to the pub slowly. After a while Cynthia apears too. She keeps her eye on Mike the whole performance. Lads play songs and have a nice time. Then the show is over and they head to the small room in the back. They talk about the gig feeling excited. Cyn is there too. She congratulates them. Davy and Pete go fast to their places. Then Micky leaves the room. Mike and Cynthia stay on their own.
"Hey, Mike" She smiles sweetly.
"Hmm?"
"Ya know... I..."
"Yeah?"
"Just I like you... a lot. And was wondering if you want to go on a date with me? "Well..." Nez is surprised. "You're... you're great I just... I can't, I'm afraid."
"But you said... You don't"
"I said it's complicated"
"So..."
"I'm sorry" he says as he leaves the room. Cynthia stays alone and sad.

She's really sad. She looks at the door that Mikes came out from. That's all? 'I'm sorry'? She feels like her heart is breaking into pieces. She loves him. Why doesn't he? Why? He said, he didn't have a girl. She was sure they can make it. Suddenly Mick comes to the room.
"Oh, hey, you here? I forgot my drumsticks"
Cynthia doesn't answer. She sniffs and tries not to cry. Mick approaches.
"Hey, hey, Cyn, what's happened?"
"M-mike..." Sniffs.
"What?"
"M-mike t... turned me down. I r-really like him..." sniffs "but he said... that... that it's complicated and h-he can't be with me" She cannot fight with tears anymore.
"Hey, calm down" Mick hugs Cynthia to cheer her.
"Don't cry. Everything will be fine. You'll find another great man.
"B-but..." She sobs.
Mick strokes her head.
"You'll be fine, Cyn. Come on." She finally stops crying.
They go out. It's cold outside. Mick leads off Cynthia to her house because she's totally broken. He tries to cheer her up for a moment, and then leaves her alone, worrying about her.
He decides to call Mike.