Chapter Five

Mike comes back home. Cynthia's words surprised him, but he already has someone. His Hat. His biggest love. He sits on a couch, wanting to talk with Wool Hat, when suddenly phone rings. He picks up the phone.
"Hello?"
"Mike, what did you say to her?" It's Micky.
"Wh- ohh"
"Oh"
"I said, that I can't be with her... what was I supposed to do?"
"Why not? Cynthia is great! And we were thinking..."
"What?"
"That you like her"
"I like her, just... I've got someone" Wool Hat hears it and smiles happily.
"What does it mean, you've got someone? You haven't even gone out home for a month! You shouldn't lie to her..." Mick sighs.
"I didn't lie, I'm dating someone... you just don't know her, ok?"
"So, can you introduce her?" There's a silence.
"Just as I thought" Micky says and rings off.

Mike hangs up the phone and starts thinking. Is everybody going to call him a liar? Maybe he just should make it clear and introduce her? On the other hand they're gonna think he's crazy. No one is going to believe him. He might lose his band or even be sent to the psychiatrist. But they are his best friends. After all, they should understand. And he shouldn't be ashamed of what he feels. He's also sad braking Cynthia's heart. But she's a good girl and she's gonna find somebody soon. After a long while of thinking he decides he'll tell them as soon as possible.
Then Wool Hat starts.
"Mike..."
"Yeah?"
"You're amazing! I've always known that but Mike... I never thought you leave any girl for me. For an ordinary Wool Hat." He takes her of and hugs.
"Now I have only you" says Nez as he kisses her.

There's a long and passionate moment of kissing. Mike holds his worm, woolen girlfriend in hands. He hugs her.
"I love you" Mike says.
"I love you too" Hat answers.
Some kisses later and after the moment that seems like forever, Mike stands up.
"Give me a minute, I need to do something" His girlfriend looks at him when he leaves the room.
Mike slowly takes a small thing into his hands. He bought it formerly, saying Hat, that he needs to do something, and leaving without her. To surprise her. Is he ready for it? He thinks about her smile and warmth, she gives him. His heart is beating fast. He blushes deeply, being very nervous.
What if....?
He chases away his fears and comes to the room. There she is. Sitting and waiting on the coach. Green, happy, beamish. woolen and all his. He slowly approaches to her and kneels. She looks at him, puzzled.
"Hat?" Mike asks.
"Yes?"
"Will you..." He reaches a small thing from a pocket "...marry me?"
There's the moment of silence. Mike is scared, that Hat will not accept it.
"Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes, I will marry you, Mike!" She screams in boundless happiness. Nez comes to her and puts ring between her bobble and material. This is the greatest moment in his life. One tear drops from his eye.