Chapter Seven

Next morning Micky wakes up with headache but he doesn't care much. He wants to talk to Cynthia as fast as possible. What else can he do?
Peter drank too much yesterday and he prefers to stay home so Micky and Davy are on their own. They go to Cynthia's place together wondering what to tell her.
"You sure that's a good idea?" Davy asks as Mick knocks on the door.
"Yeah... I guess" They stay like that for several minutes. Then try again. She has to be here after all.
"Cyn?"
"Cyn we know you are here! Please, open!"
Nothing. Suddenly Micky backs away like he wants to break down the door. Davy looks at him like he was crazy. Then the door opens.
"Hi, what are you doing here? " She stands in a doorway with red eyes. She surly cried instead of sleeping.
"Hey" Guys greet her.
"We wanna talk. Can we go in?"
"Course"
They go to her living room and sat on a couch. She goes to the kitchen bring something to drink.
She comes back with three cups of tea and sat down on an armchair. There's awkward silence for a while. But Cynthia decides to break it.
"So? You wanted something, yeah? "
"Yeah, it's... It's Mike"
"Oh, ok... What exactly?" She seems nervous.
"Micky, you tell her" Davy looks down. He was afraid of her reaction.
"Listen, Cyn... We don't wanna lie to you. We just think you should know. Mike... Mike seriously has somebody. He gets engaged lately.
"I guessed so..." Cynthia looks at the floor. "But why didn't he tell me? "
"Cause... It's really complicated, you know... It's not actually a girl..."
"He... has a boyfriend? He's gay?"
"Not... not exactly" Micky tries to explain his friend but it was hard. "He dates... hat"
Cynthia is totally confused
"Wait... what?"
"Told you she'll react like this" Said Davy.
"Because... He always wears his Hat, right? And this Hat talks and is in love with him and..." Micky knows how it sounds. But what should he say?
"You know what? I'm not in the mood for jokes, be serious"
"We are serious"
"Davy, say it's a joke"
"It's true" Davy's face is a definition of a seriousness.
In this moment Cynthia breaks down. She can't believe Mike left HER for HAT. Normal people don't date hats. Anger fills her. She stands up from the table.
"Thank you for information" Cynthia says bleakly and goes to the kitchen.
"I'm sorry but I need to drink because I can't soberly..."
"Don't worry, we too" Says Davy.
"However, Mike is our friend we have to accept it, right?" They can hear sound of pouring from kitchen.
"Yeaah..." Cyn answers.
"Maybe we should leave her alone now?" Dave looks at Dolenz.
Micky doesn't answer. He's pensive and wants to cheer up girl somehow. Davy sighs, stand up, screams "Bye!" and gets out.

Cynthia doesn't know what to think. It's crazy... or maybe she is? No, after all she is not in love with her clothing. She starts doubting moving from Texas was a good idea.
Meanwhile Mike is all excited about the wedding. He spends wits hat as much time as he can.
After few days Cyn decides not to care. If he doesn't like her back she shouldn't be depressed. If he loves hat, well it's none of her business. She makes herself and goes on a walk to the nearest park.
Accidently she meets no one else but Michael. They make an eye contact and he starts.
"Hey..."
"Hi" She answers without looking at him.
"What's up?"
"Not much... but I've heard rumors you're going well"
"Yeah?"
"You're getting married, aren't you?"
"Oh yeah. I..."
"I understand... I've heard love is blind but... hat? Really? "
"Cyn, I know it's shock but..."
"Shock? Shock?! Man, you turned ME down to be with WOOL HAT!" Cynthia screams.
"Hey, hey, I am here!" Hat responds.
"What..."
"I am his girlfriend, so better give up on him. He engaged with me!" She shows her ring.
"..."
"Cyn, we are in love, deal with it... You're cool chick you'll find somebody and be happy... And I... We too" Mike says.
"Did you hear him?"
"Dammit, Mike, are you kidding me?!"
"Cyn, please..."
"I... I... Bitch!" Cynthia screams to Mike's fiancée.
"Will you let her talk like this?" Hat asks, outraged. Mad girl goes away.
"Mike?!"
"Shh. Come on"
"But Mike!" Finally they comes back home.
Somewhere out there Cynthia makes her ominous plan.