Chapter Three

Next Day Mike wakes up. His terrible hangover is finally over. Wool Hats keeps silent, what makes him disturbed. Finally Mike confirms his belief that he imagined everything. He feels irrational sadness.

Mike goes to Davy's house about 4 p.m.
"Hey fellas!" He greets them.
"Hi Mike" They say in respond.
"You're alone?" Davy smiles.
"Yeah, she'll be here soon, I hope." As he says that there's knocking at the door. Micky opens it.
"Oh hi... I'm Cynthia and..."
"You're the bird that Mike met yesterday?"
"Oh... yes" She smiles.
"Good... I'm Micky by the way."
"Nice to meet you Micky"
"You too, come in!" She walks in and greets the others. After few more minutes they star playing. Some Elvis, the Beatles and Buddy Holly songs but then they play the song they that she's never heard before. Mike starts singing:

All men must have someone, have someone
Who would never take advantage
Of a love bright as the sun.
Someone to understand them,
And you just may be the one.

All men must have someone, have someone
Who would never take for granted
All the pleasures and the fun.
Someone to stand beside them
And you just may be the one.

I saw when you walked by
The lovelight in your eye
And I knew I must try
To win you more than just a friend,
I'm starting near the end,
And I go again.

All men must have someone, have someone
Who would never take advantage
Of a love bright as the sun.
Someone to stand beside them
And you just may be the one. Someone to understand them,

Cynthia listens the song with a big delight on her face. After they end the song, everyone asks, how was it? Girl starts to clap and smiles.
"It was cool... But I'm afraid I don't know the last song. Who's it?"
"Ours... I wrote this" Says Mike.
"Do you like it?"
"It's beautiful. And you fellas are really good"
"Thanks" say guys
"'K then... Why don't we have a drink? To celebrate meet our first fan." Davy suggests and everybody agrees. Suddenly Wool Hat balls making Mike scream. Everyone looks at him worried.
"That's ok... just gimme a minute." He says as leaves the room and head to the bathroom.

Nez locks the bathroom door and takes off Wool Hat.
"What the hell are you doing?" Screams.
"You were supposed to go on date with ME, and you found another girl!"
"She's not my girlfriend!" Mike blushes "I know her only since yesterday. Wait a minute... Are you jealous?!"
"Yes, I am! Because you said that you love me!"
"Because I love. I just need more time for it all"
"Okay then" Hat ceases and turns onto wool clothing.

Suddenly he hears knocking at the door.
"Mike are you there?"
"Yeah, I'm comin'" he opens the door to meet worried Cynthia.
"Are you alright?"
"Yes, just feeling a bit dizzy" He tries to explain.
"Well ok... can we go?"
"Yeah, of course"

The Monkees take Cynthia to their favorite bar to celebrate First Fan Meeting. Alcohol is served very generously, everyone laughs and Davy is surrounded by the crowd of girls, of course. Micky and Pete are drunken hardly. Cynthia is talking with Mike, because alcohol makes you talk easier. She decides, that she really like him and starts to tell him story about her life. She has never told anyone about it. About all this sadness, loneliness and looking for her own place in this world. Mike listens her quietly with a pity. After she finishes, he sniffles and hugs her tightly. They stay in this hug for a while.
"Don't worry. It'll be fine in the end. Here you can have brand new start. We can look for some job for you at first."
"Thank you so much. I wish everybody here was as nice as you are." She says thankfully and Mike starts laughing.
"And you? Nothing's bothering you?" He thinks about his Wool Hat a sighs. "Sort of..."
"Girl?"
"Not exactly... rather... it's complicated. Sometimes I'm wondering is there everything alright with me..." He looks at the floor thinking.
"You'll make it out. You're okay... anyways weird people are great too!" "I'm great?" Mike blushes.
"You are" Cynthia yawns and leans her head on his shoulder.