Runaway

Synopsis: Richelle can't stand the pressure of her "perfect" family. Near her birthday, she runaway without any doubt. In the forest, lost and alone, she finds a mysterious boy who has more things in common than she expected.

Richelle's POV
Cold. Exhaustion.

That is what I feel. I feel broken.

My hands are numb because of the coldness. In a vain attempt to heat up I rub my hands, wishing that I have brought my gloves.
You don't know how badly I wish I was at home... But where is it? When I need it, no one was there for me. My so called family betrayed me. I can't trust anyone. Not even me.
I look at my surroundings, a layer of frost is covering the trees. Some snowflakes falling into the ground, making this beautiful landscape. I walk over a falling trunk, I sit in there looking around. If this was a normal day I would have enjoyed it, even so I can't deny that is a treat for the eyes.
I look down, if this was a normal day, I never had a normal day. My parents are rich and powerful, they expected us... My sister and I to be uptight. To deal with the pressure of being a "role model". I don't remember the time they were with me and my sister playing and being a normal family. I was homeschooled. I never really had friends, they called it the "bad influences". So I only had my sister. Over the years the things didn't turn out very well, the tension between my parents and I became more and more thick. The only times that they were at home we fought, sometimes over silly things or more serious things like being in high school and have damn social life. The last straw was when my sister have to move to the other side of the country for business. That was the time I knew I didn't have anyone by my side and I need it to something about it. Well, taking advantage of my situation, crying, depression, etc... A boy sneaked into my garden when I was reading and he tricked me... Well, he was a good support, he treated me like a person, he was caring and lovely. In summary, he was the friend that I needed in that moment, he even made me forget about my runaway plans, but all of that were lies, he tricked me and I gave him my only treasured thing... My heart, and now my heart is broken. All of that for give my trust to a stranger, I can say I was pumped for have a friend. He only wanted me for my powerful and rich parents. I felt heartbroken, my sister far away and my cold parents didn't give a damn about me, they still don't give a damn about me though. Depression consumed me. The next weeks were awful. I was faded. One day, my parents called me, they had exciting news. With nervousness consuming me, I entered to the room in which they were. What did they wanted me to know? The news weren't exciting at all. They wanted me to marry my dad's best friend son, Josh. I felt the anger boiling up inside me, but that quickly disappeared. Instead of anger I didn't feel anything. Anything at all. With a dead seriousness I look at them. I wanted to know why, why did they hated me so much, but no words came out. I slowly got up from sit and left. Josh was an asshole, he still is. I wasn't made for that life, I wanted a caring parents. I didn't sleep that night, I was preparing everything for my runaway. When I saw my opportunity I ran far away. The next week, it was going to be my birthday so everybody was distracted preparing all the stuff.
I ran until I couldn't stand up. I ran into the forest. And here I am, lost and alone, in the middle of a forest. Cold, exhausted and broken.

Thanks to my dad's books about survival, yeah an old hobby, I can eat some berries and have a pretty good survival skills. That's why I have been here for 3 days. The only problem is that I don't know how to read a map. How can you read that shit, it's impossible! And that explains why I am lost. It was easy, I only had to follow a little path, but that little path was playing hide and seek! And for make that better it started snowing!
Jeez, I need to calm down.

I make myself comfortable in the trunk, I grab my blanket and cover myself. The warmth of it makes me want to close my eyes. I can feel the exhaustion of the last days and the tension slowly disappearing. I can hear the rustle of the leafs in the distance. The next thing I know is that I'm sleeping.