Chapter 22 ~ Flu Shots

A/N: Thank you guys so much for 600! Another double chapter for you beautiful readers! Hope you enjoy :)

Elena's POV

At the Tables the next morning, I see Vickie and Tyler sitting next to each other. Ew. What is she doing? Can she sit somewhere else? That's my seat. Ugh! Get out! Everyone knows how much I hate it when people steal my seat! She should ask the guy next to her. He knows very well how mad I get when people steal my seat. Like, I was comfortable right there. You expect me to move? I think not. I walk up to them with a fake smile on my face and take the seat next to Lex, since Vickie's butt is in my beloved spot.

Tyler looks at me, hurt in his eyes. Well, she's sitting next to you, so I can't really sit next to you, can I? I shoot him a smile, a real one, and look at Lex. She also gives me a look. At first it's a look of disgust- probably because of Vickie- but then she looks at me with concern.

"Be careful," she mouths to me. Not this lecture again; I've heard this plenty of times already.

I roll my eyes at her. Then, we start laughing.

"What does Vickie think she's doing?" She whispers to me.

Ugh. Attention seeker.

"That's exactly what I was thinking!" I yell back to her, not caring if Vickie hears or not.

She stops hitting on Tyler and shoots a glare at me and Lex. Oooh, I'm so scared.

While walking to homeroom, Vickie is still trying to throw herself at Tyler. Does she think she's the best or something? News flash! She's not. This girl is unbelievable. When will she ever get it through her head?

Finally, she let go of Tyler's arm. Relief washed over his face. I feel a little relieved also. I don't exactly know why. I just have a little crush on him. Okay, maybe more than a little, but he doesn't feel the same. It's fine though; I don't know why I bother..

"Okay, class, flu shot vaccinations are today. You're scheduled to get them before lunch." My homeroom teacher announces.

Uh oh, is it really that time of the year again?

~*~

I forgot today is flu shot day. Let me tell you, I honestly hate needles. Ever since I was a baby, I always freaked out when needles came close to me. Needles just weren't- aren't- in the picture for me.

In seventh grade, I sat on a thumb tack and it was the most painful thing ever! It's like a needle in my butt! I swear, if I ever find the person that put it on my seat, they will die. They should at least expect my revenge coming.

In every single one of my classes, I can not think about anything other than that needle going into my arm. Nothing else. Not even Tyler or Vickie cross my mind. Well, until now. Flu shot vaccinations take place before lunch. That's good, right? I'll get food in my system after the needle pokes me.

Ugh! This is so frustrating. Can't I get something else other than the shot? I would get the nasal spray, but that's for babies. And plus, they don't do that here. I used to get it all the time in elementary, but my parents decided that I should just try the shot. If there is hatred for this, let me tell you. This is it.

Standing in the line, the lady tells us to find a seat and sit instead of standing. My breaths are so uneven, it's like I forgot how to breathe! I turn my head and see Lex. Oh, thank God! I really need someone right now. She knows how much I hate needles, because she hates them too. Not as much as I do, though.

"Hey, Elena."

"Hi." I answer, my voice a little shaky.

"You'll be fine. It's just a little poke, don't worry," she encourages.

I nod my head at her. Okay, this isn't helping me. I can't. I can't do this. Maybe I should just bail now. Yeah, that would be a great idea. As soon as I stand up to walk away, I feel hands on my waist.

Tyler. He's the only one that does this.

"Woah, Cutie. Where do you think you're going?"

"Uhm, the bathroom?" I lied. A little white lie won't hurt.

"Let that be the last time you lie to me." He says with a straight face.

"Sorry, I just really hate needles. I don't think I can do this. I'm just going to leave." I say back, avoiding any eye contact with him.

"Hey, hey, hey. It's going to be okay," he reassures me, bringing me closer to him.

"You don't know that!"

He laughs. He's laughing? Again? At my pain? Really?

'Yes, I do, Cutie." He assures me. Stupid know-it-all.

I stay quiet. There's nothing that will calm me down right now.

"What am I supposed to do when I sit down? I'm going to completely lose it." I tell him.

"Cutie?" he calls.

I look up at him in response.

"Just look at me and I'll make everything okay."

~*~

A/N: Awww so cute!! I love this chapter so much. How about you guys? I hope you did. Tell me what you guys think. Please vote, comment, and share! Love you guys! <3