Chapter 43 ~ Disneyland

Elena's POV

Today is the last day of school! My family and I are heading to Disneyland at Redeye tonight.

"Do you have all your bags packed?" my mom asks me before I head out the door. "Yes, I do. Bye mom!" I kiss her cheek.

"Bye honey. Have a good last day!" she calls out.

I check the time on the dashboard of my dad's Camry. It reads seven forty-two. Am I really that late? How long did it take for me to get ready?

"Bye dad!" I shout as I get out of the car. It is 7:50 by the time I arrive at the Tables. Walking up, I see that Vickie has her arms around Tyler. Okay, did I miss something?

"Elena!" Tyler pushes Vickie off when he sees me.

"Hey!" I greet him.

There are no other open seats, so I sit on Tyler's lap. "Did you pack everything for tonight?" he asks. Does everyone think I'm not responsible or something? Do they think I'm going to go on a trip without packing? I'm not that stupid.

"Sign my yearbook?" I ask Tyler with puppy dog eyes.

"Anything for you, Cutie," he grabs the yearbook out of my hands and kisses me lightly on the cheek.

After he signs it, I read it right there. It says:

Cutie,

I fell for you since the moment you came to the Tables. I kept wondering why I had never seen you before. The first time we met was at your house, and your facial expression could not have been any better. I'm so glad we became close, because we're made for each other. I'm so lucky to call you my girlfriend. Thank you for always being there for me through everything. I could never thank you enough.

Love,

Tyler (your boyfriend)

"Aw, Tyler, you're so sweet." I look at him and bring his face to mine to kiss him.

Vickie is giving the two of us her wanna-be stink eye. "Last night was fun, Tyler." she blurts out. My eyes quickly shift to Tyler. My heart is racing faster, preparing for what he will say next.

I get off of his lap and stand up. "What is she talking about?" I ask him.

"Nothing. She was just at the after party last night," he explains. "Sit back down."

I let out a breath, running my hands over my face. That was a close one. Tyler wraps his arms around me, shielding me from Vickie. I bury my face in his chest. He is whispering soothing things in my ear.

"I trust you," I whisper to him.

He stiffens and stops rubbing my back and whispering soothing words. What, why did he stop?

---

We arrive at Disneyland the next day. "Let's go ride Space Mountain first!" I shout to my parents as we walk inside. Well, they walk. I, however, sprint. "Come on, slowpokes! Let's go!"

Space Mountain is my favorite ride, and it always has the longest line. The worst part is that it's in the sun, but the ride makes it totally worth the wait. "Mom! Dad! Pick it up, let's go!"

I take off my Minnie ears and put them in the pouch in front of me. When the ride is over, we go to ride the Matterhorn. The line circles around, but we decide to wait anyways. My dad has gone off to get fast passes for Pirates of the Caribbean. By the time he get back, we move up drastically.

"Let's go take a picture in front of the castle next!" I shout to my parents. My mom just laughs and lets out a small "okay."

Right now, I am munching on a delicious turkey leg. I don't care if it contains 700 calories, I'm going to eat it. I walked about 7 miles today, which probably burns the chicken's 700. I'm on vacation, let me be.

The fireworks at the end are beautiful. The Disneyland 60th Castle is absolutely gorgeous! Today was one of the best days of my life.

---

A/N: Disneyland! Yes! My baby... I'm going to Disneyland in July, so I'm so excited! Any food recommendations? The last time I went was in 2014, so I'm definitely excited! Tell me about your Disney experience in the comments! I would love to try new foods and drinks. Oh! And leave in the comments your favorite ride! Mine is Space Mountain in Disneyland, but in California Adventure, it's the California Screamin'. I rode that thing 7 times in a row once. The line was short, don't judge. Haha, I think this is my best author's note yet.

Teaser: The next chapter is the plot twist of the century, so be aware!