Chapter 31 ~ He Lives Up to His Name

A/N: So I just entered the Wattys!! Since I'm so excited, I decided to give you another double chapter. Enjoy! :)

Elena's POV

"He asked you to prom?" Tyler mutters, his jaw clenched.

I don't answer him, just nod my head. "Well, what did you tell him?" he wonders. I look up at him, his face fuming red with anger.

"I told him you asked me first." I answer his question softly.

My eyes drift down to his clenched fist. His knuckles are turning white. "Hey." I say quietly, for only him to hear. Grabbing his hand, I hear him let out the breath he was holding. "I only said yes to you." He gives me a half smile, his eyes softening at my words.

"Only you," I whisper in his ear.

---

Tyler's POV

He asked her to prom? The voices in my head just wouldn't let it go.

"Bro, what's got you in a bad mood?" Chase asks me.

"Nothing." I snap back at him.

Just as I'm to pull my phone out and text Elena, he comes in.

YOU!

I can't take it any more! I charge over to Nate, and immediately tackled him to the ground. "What the- get off of me!" he yells.

Not thinking, I throw the first punch. Nate groans in pain, holding his jaw. I hold up my fist, ready to throw another punch, when I feel myself being pulled away. I'm not even close to done!

"Stay away from her! You hear me? You had your chance!" I shout.

"Principal's office, now!" a teacher scolds us.

Great.

Nate and I are in the hall, walking to the office. I don't want to be anywhere near this guy. Who does he think he is? He's no superman. What did Elena ever see in him, anyways? Just thinking about it makes me mad. I put my fist into a ball until my knuckles turned white. I can't punch him just one more time?

Elena's POV

"Elena, there you are!" an out of breath Lex yells at me.

'What? I'm getting lunch." I snap back at her.

"I kept calling you! Where have you been?" she screams at me again.

"In class," I say sarcastically.

"Doesn't matter. Did you hear?" her voice urgent.

"No. What?"

"Tyler and Nate are in the office!" she exclaims.

"What?" my eyes open wide.

"You have to go now," she urges me, dragging me out of the lunch line.

I basically run to the office. Ugh, I don't have the proper shoes on to run! Why isn't it in the middle of the school so it's an equal distance from everything? Finally, I get to the office. They are still inside.

After about 10 minutes, they both come out. Nate has an evident bruise on his jaw. Oh God. Tyler could not look more pissed than he does. What happened? Was this because of the stupid promposal?

Their eyes both fell to me. Awkward. Nate turns the other way and starts walking. Tyler is no longer looking at me, but walking away from me.

"Tyler!" I call after him.

He acts like he doesn't hear me. "Tyler!" I call once again. He's going to make me run, isn't he?

Once I reach him, I stand right in front of him. "What?" he snaps. Woah.

"What happened?" I question him.

"I got suspended from school and I might not be able to play at the football game." He explains, then scoots to the right and walks away from me.

"What?" I whisper to myself in disbelief.

---

A/N: Hey guys! What do you think? First time we've seen Tyler's actual bad boy side haven't we? Do you like him like that? I thought it was kind of hot. Just a little. Did he surprise you? Another update coming soon! Thanks for reading! <3