Waiting for the Imprinting

This is a story I haven't touched since 2014, I do not see it being edited in the forseeable future. Please enjoy it for what it is.

+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+

When I first arrived in Presque Isle I was attacked by werewolves. It happened so fast that all I could process was that two took me down and pinned me to the ground while a third came on top of me and attempted to crush my chest. I saw his huge teeth and closed my eyes in fear, I was going to die. As I waited for his teeth to sink in and take a large bite to take me out, I heard a deep voice come from behind our situation.

"Wait please! You can't kill her Colton!"

The pressure was taken off my chest, allowing me to breathe again, and feel my rib cage slowly heal and push itself back into its proper position. I gasped in whatever air I could as the wolves receded a few yards away from me. A tall, tanned man approached me causing me to react and quickly back away from him.

"Please, don't be afraid. I need to explain something to you."

"What is the meaning of this!" A voice boomed from across the field. "She's a blood-sucker and you have the nerve to tell me to stop!" Colton was tanned, muscular man with coal black hair. Easily over powering the man in front of me as he stepped forward to face him.

"Don't you feel it? There's a connection with her."

"What do you mean?" Colton growled in anger.

"I feel like she's important, please trust me." He looked at me with soft brown eyes, while Colton stared at me with cold black eyes.

"She'll need to be watched then, see if you can locate Daniel. He'll have to teach her our agreement, but if she doesn't follow it, it's on your head Garrett." Colton walked away and when he was with the rest of the wolves I saw him shape shift it into a black as night wolf.

"Please, you have to listen we don't have much time to talk. There is a man, just like you, he'll let you live with him if you follow his rules."

"Why do you want me to stay here?" I asked looking past him at the four other wolves wondering if it would be safe for me to stay here long enough to live through the next hour.

"I believe that a descendent of mine will imprint on you."

"Why?"

"Because I feel a connection if you and I'm sure, somehow, I know a descendent of mine will imprint on you."

"What's it matter if he....... imprints on me?" I ask, trying to remember the word. It seems too odd for me to understand.

"It's of extreme importance, so I beg of you, follow the rules and stay here for that time to come." He looked at me pleadingly as I thought through the problems of the wolf pack behind him, they looked angry as they growled at me for staring.

"How long will it take?" Garrett looked away from me, at the ground as if he was ashamed of the next sentence.

"That I don't know."

"I'll think about it." I took five steps back before I backed into someone. I turned to see a blonde haired man with pure white skin behind me. His eyes were a deep gold, while I probably looked like I hadn't eaten in months or worse a new born!

"Daniel please, let her join your... family." He hesitated on the word family, perhaps he didn't feel it was the proper word.

"I'll let her Garrett, she'll follow our agreement as previously determined but I can't guarantee she will stay. The eldest of my family left the second he could and didn't return for years, I can't force her to stay, but I'll do my best." Daniel kept his eyes on me, not judging but studying me.