Chapter 2

Picture of Scott's wolf form

+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+

I waited on the outskirts of where my family was hunting, the sight was grotesque but the smell was wonderous. I wouldn't be able to eat until we got home, I had to stay alert to keep them safe while they hunted.

I had found an area where mountain lion, and other big game were, as close as they would get to human blood. I felt my stomach retch at the thought of human blood, it was a detterent for me. The taste was repulsive and gut retching, I preferred actual food -- "Human" food. It filled me, made me less irritatble like blood does for the others.

*******

Although blood was my last resort, it would instantly fill me and replinish my strength but the taste and cost was too much. When I had first changed the man that changed me left a small child unconsious with me. Her hair was matted and tossed wildly, she had gashes on her arms and legs. I took her out of the room with me, only to be stopped by him.

I had inferiated him, he had given me a new life and another chance, as he put it. While I had been about to let 'dinner' leave. I had to watch as he drank her blood then ripped her to streads. Blood pooling at my feet, the stetch was overwhelming, if I had anything in my system it was on the floor a few seconds later.

That had only made him angrier. He threw punches at me until I took over the fight, grabbing his hands and flipping him on the floor. I grabbed his head and quickly turned it -- snapping his neck. The only thing I knew for sure, was the lengends of my kind were true and that other than those myths and a few hazy memories I couldn't remember anything else.

Eventually people came looking for the young girl, claiming that I was a vampire and I had killed her for her blood. Partically that was true, but the other part was false. The townsmen burned down the house, effectively scaring my arm and turning the man who changed me and the young lady into ashes.

*********

Seth is waiting for you to come home. He wants to talk to you. Cole said popping into my mind for the fifth time in the past few minutes -- constantly haunting my mind.

Why does he want to talk to me?

I don't know I didn't ask.

Well maybe you can scan his mind and find out.

Why can't you? I'm busy. A vivid visual of how Cally looked curled up on the couch in pain from her child came crashing into my mind.

I didn't need to see that you jackass!

Just talk to him when you get home!

I will when you find out why!

Ask Scott, why don't you? He cut off our conversation there, no matter how annoying I got in his head he would ignore me.

I ignored his suggestion as I was joined by Jenny and Drake. We waited for everyone to finish feeding, their eyes now a soft amber color and regaining thier strength. I had been listening to slight rustlings in the area since we set foot out of Scott's border, we were being followed by something unfriendly.