Alone

I rushed to the hospital driving like a maniac to get to him in time, "I can't lose him, please God don't take him from me. He's all I have!!" I scream in my head praying that I won't lose the only family I have left. I get to the hospital, running through halls practically screaming at the nurse behind the desk, "PLEASE HELP WHERE DO I FIND A JAKE WESSON?" "Name please ma'am I'll help you find him don't panic." she says in a startled but reassuring voice. "K-Kate, Kate Lyle..." I choke out of my hoarse throat from running and crying. "He's in the ER. They believe they've stabilized him for the moment but he's in critical condition." She says to me with a rather consoling voice. "Thank you, c-can I see him?" I ask her struggling to pull myself together. "Yes, he's in room 119 right down the hall" I walk in to the room, I can't bare to see what I am...there in the bed in front of me is a torn  man...scarred up on the side of the face, bandages bloody red, his right arm all in cast. His head bandaged all around his fiery red hair trying to breathe under it all, pouring out from under all the white and red cloth. I walk over to him  "Hey, heard you're a bit torn up bro...." I say softly in a calm but shaky voice. All he could do was smile. How? I don't even know. "The doctors say there's something probably wrong with my head. Little do they know" he says harshly, sounding like he has gravel all in his throat trying to get out a chuckle. "Hey, well maybe they'll fix that screw you got lose" I say in a joking manner half hearted nearly sobbing at the thought of all this. "I'm still gonna be with you, ya know. Don't be crying over me just yet." Jake says with a sound of defeat in his voice.  I lean over and grab his hand saying "I'm glad you're still here Jake" under my breath. Then, before he could reply I look up and see blood pouring from his nose, his eyes blood shot, as he starts seizing on the bed, moniters are blaring nurses come flooding into the room, they're shouting words at me. All I hear is silence, the speeding beep of the moniter rings in my ear as I stand there watching them yet to call his flailing body. I see him there practically choking on the blood that once flowed through him. The nurses try to drag me away, their voices and demands don't phase me, I can't even hear over the ringing and alarms rooted in my ears...then it stops. Just one steady beep remains. He's gone. And I, I am all alone.

A/N: My first character death whoOPS