Chapter Twenty Nine | The End is Here.

So sorry for the delay guys! I'm back and updating... hope you enjoy this next part! :)

____

Caleb covered his ears as the first alarm sounded. He hadn't expected it to be that loud, but as the initial shock wore off, he thought about what Oliver had told him to do and did it. Slamming his hand against the red button, then another and again, he watched on the security monitor as door after door sprung open and all the carefully planned security protocols that had been put in place went to hell as his uncle took control from miles away. Just hearing a familiar voice on the satellite phone had brought tears to Calebs eyes and at the prospect of actually being freed from this place, hope filled him with new energy.

"Who knows what the feral's will do." The voice behind him snapped Caleb from his trance and looking at the guard who had helped with the altering the wiring for Connor's team to get access, he tried to smile.

"Who cares, hopefully as much damage to these assholes as possible." Now there was only one thing left to do, get May and get the hell out of there. "Where is May?"

"Oliver made sure no one moved her from the testing room after the, incident." He told him. "Here's the pass, her door was manually locked to keep her safe until you get there."

"Right. You okay here?"

"Yup. Once you go, I'll lock this door and make sure no one can get in here to stop it."

Caleb nodded and without saying much else, took off at a sprint through the corridors that he and Oliver had left a trail through minutes earlier. The long walk to what Caleb had thought was his cell had been used by Oliver to tell him what was going to happen. All they had been waiting on was for the boss to arrive and as the pair got into the security room, that confirmation had been received. From there, it was go time and as he arrived to where May should have been, the opened door had his stomach sinking. It was supposed to have been locked.

"May!" He called before locking onto her scent.

Caleb pushed himself that little bit harder as the sound of gunshots rang out behind him. From somewhere nearby another alarm rang out and the usually silent corridors were suddenly alive with activity. He barely managed to dodge one of the nurses as a couple of them ran out from one of the laboratories, their screams only adding to the chaos as a few howls rang out above the bulk of the noise. Turning another corner, two wolves were attacking some of the guards who had been with May earlier. Her scent was stronger here, and as one of the animals looked his way, he realised they weren't from the facility. They smelt like outside, fresh air and none of the sick, drugged stench that clung to so many here. It yapped at him, before turning to the guards who came pouring out of a stairwell, and suddenly there were more of these new wolves filling the space. Blood covered the white floors, walls and the savage growls of the attack mixed with the sounds of their screams.

Knowing May couldn't have gone much further than this in the time that had passed, he called for her again – fighting the urge to change as the wolf was demanding control. This was the invasion; help had come, just like Oliver told him and now he'd lost May. If only they had told her to stay, taken a moment to share with her their plan as they had with him. Panic drove him on before Caleb lost May's scent completely, and the sounds of the guns going off got closer. With all doors unsecured, he had no trouble in getting into a room and running through a back area to get around, avoiding the bulk of the danger. His mind was racing, what would May be doing?

Trying to find him?

Hiding - scared and unsure about what was happening?

Where would she go?