F O U R

F O U R

Laughter soon quietened down into soft murmurings as midnight drew closer. For hours, Stella had just sat right beside the Night in complete and utter silence. They couldn't risk blowing their cover as it would mean a heavy punishment by the rulers of the heavens.

As the mortals left the area of the open field, it became just the two of them, the Day and the Night. Stella didn't know how to start a conversation. The only time she had ever spoke was to receive orders from the higher powers and that itself was millions of years ago.

Stella loved to talk, however. She herself had not done it in quite some time, but she loved the sound of people's voices. It amazed her how one simple thing that could not be seen could bring the whole world together into an orchestra.

She didn't think the Night would reply her, no. He was deadly silent, and his piercing eyes stared at the ground for the longest time possible. So instead, Stella plucked up her courage and cleared her throat. When it gained the attention of the man, she offered a weak smile.

"Hello," she said.

The man stared at her quizzically, as if he had never heard the language before. But that certainly did not drag Stella's hopes down.

She went on to talk about herself, what she did and how she was by default the counter part of him. He listened with complete silence the entire time, not bothering to reply. His eyes, his bright beautiful eyes, were fixated on her the entire time, however. He was staring at her as if he had never seen such a beautiful woman before.

As the time came for the night to be gone and for the sun to rise, Stella offered the man one last smile and asked for his name as he brought down the moon and wiped the sky of the stars.

A brief smile appeared on his lips, faster than lightning, before he uttered a single word.

"Noir."

:::::

Vote, comment and share. 🌞

Until next time. 🌛