Chapter 15

When I got home I wanted to obliterate something. Anything. I should have taken the detour and gone to the gym, working out my aggression like I usually did in the ring.

Instead I took it out on my condo. I ripped down every stupid piece of fine art on the wall and broke it over my knee. Pulled open drawers that I didn't even know what they hold, only to rip out the contents and then bust the drawers in half. I threw the loveseat on its side, barely missing the giant TV, but that wasn't saved from the carnage, none of my electronics were. By the time I'd wiped out any resemblance of it being the pristine place my decorator put together I was exhausted. My hands bled and my whole body shook. I didn't even bother going to my bedroom, just collapsed on the couch with booze-spattered the broken glass surrounding me from the bottles in my mini bar.

I knew my housekeeper was going to have a shit fit when she saw it, but I didn't care. I was completely numb. Even as I got ready for work the next morning, dodging the mess I'd thrown around the night before, I still couldn't feel anything. I needed to do something but the only thing that would make me feel any better was seeing El Lobo's blood on my hands.

***

The first thing I saw when I finally reached my office was Miss Rainn, my secretary.

She was dressed in a skirt suit that probably cost more than Jackie's rent. I was pretty sure I didn't pay her more than fifty grand a year so my dad had to be paying her for sex or some shit. Great, my mom was going fucking botso and my dad was paying my secretary for sex. Fucking wonderful.

"Mr. Ragusa?" She pursed her lips together and fluffed up her hair. I didn't have time for her shit or whatever flirty attitude she was going to put on. I slammed my hands on her desk, leaning in, my jaw clenching as I looked at her. "What, Miss Rain? What the fuck is it now?"

She stared at me wide-eyed, her bottom lip trembling. The rage boiling in me was too thick to simmer. I'd never even raised my voice to the woman, but now I was ready to make her quake. If she wanted to go on with her little bottana act, she wasn't going to do it on my watch.

"Dominic is in there waiting for you. He's been in there a while," she said, her voice wavering.

"Good," I said as I straightened up. "At least you're fucking good for telling me something that I would have seen as soon as I walked into my office." I pulled my wallet out of my back pocket, pulled out a card and slammed it on the desk in front of her. "Now make yourself useful for once and call my fucking decorator. My condo looks like shit. Tell her I want it completely fixed by the time I get home tonight"

She blinked, staring at me with her eyes on the brink of tears. I didn't have time to deal with what a shitty secretary she really was her or my dad's infidelities that morning. "And hold my calls today. I have family business to take care of."

"Y-Y-Y-es, Mr. Ragusa." She nodded, her hands shaking as she picked up the phone.

I put my hand on the door and opened it, shutting it tightly behind me before she could say anything else. I didn't care who she was fucking. I would fire her ass as soon as possible.

I needed to beat the hell out of something, and Dominic looked like he did too. He stood staring out the office window, his back to me. He looked even more like shit than I did. His white button down shirt was wrinkled that looked like he'd picked it up off the ground that morning.

"Hey, Dom."

He slowly turned toward me and I had to swallow hard so I wouldn't gasp at his appearance. He was always the guy with a smile on his face, but this was a ghost of my little cousin. The bags under his eyes were so dark and thick I swore it was movie makeup. I'd never seen him like that. I set my briefcase down on the floor and walked over to him. "My God, what the fuck happened to you?"