Chapter 34

Percy's point of view

I teleported Christina to camp Half-Blood, we appeared inside the big house since I had wanted to avoid attention. Christina followed me while I looked for Chiron to tell him the situation. I found him out on the porch playing pinochle with Dionysus. I walked over to them and said, "Dionysus I need to speak with Chiron for a moment if you don't mind."

 he glared at me for a moment but then he nodded, I probably just saved him the embarrassment of losing to Chiron anyway.

He walked into the big house to do who knows what, and I turned to Chiron. When he noticed me he said, "Percy what brings you here?" 

I said, "I am just bringing you a new camper." then I pointed to Christina, 

I introduced them to each other I have to say Christina took the fact that Chiron is a centaur pretty well. I suppose it couldn't be any weirder than some of the other things she had seen before.

We went back into the big house, we sent Christina in to watch the orientation film while I talked to Chiron. I explained to Chiron who Christina's father was and that the deal I had made with the gods after the second titan war had been broken and that I feared what would happen to Christina because of it. I don't really know what happens to someone who breaks an oath on the Styx, but since Ares broke it his punishment would fall on Christina, and there is nothing anyone can do about it.

It isn't right but unfortunately there isn't anything that can be done other than helping her as much as we can. I hoped that Ares would claim her tonight but if he didn't I have an idea Christina won't remain unclaimed for long if the other gods agree. After Chiron and I finished talking Chiron left with Christina to show her around camp. That left me to try and decide what to do next.

I thought about going out to see my old friends here. in particular Grover. There is a chance I could run into Annabeth but I don't care anymore I can't let her stop me from doing what I want. If I see her I will deal with her but I won't let her stop me from doing what I want, I'm a god for Zeus's sake. I have to start acting like one I can't let a demigod stop me even if she is my ex.After reaching that conclusion I walked out of the big house to look for my friends.

Annabeth's point of view

I was heading back to my cabin from Archery practice when I noticed Chiron was walking around camp with a girl I hadn't seen before. She must be a new camper I thought. I glanced toward the big house and for a moment I couldn't believe what I was seeing Percy had just come out of the big house and was now walking through the camp.

I wondered why he was here I heard that he would be the new camp director but not until Dionysus had spent the rest of his time here. I decided I would go talk to him. I just hoped that this conversation wouldn't end like the last one. I started walking toward him.

I followed him from a distance for a while and watched as many of our old friends went up to talk to him including Nico, Travis, and Connor, Katie, Chris, Clarisse,  Leo, and Jason. I was surprised when he went toward the archery range, when we got there Will Solace was practicing at one of the targets. He noticed Percy and walked over to him.

I eavesdropped on them as they talked, I heard Percy explain that he had come to drop off the new girl and that he had decided to stay long enough to see some of his friends. After they talked Percy turned toward one of the targets, and a bow and quiver suddenly appeared on his back. This surprised me because he was one of the worst archers I had ever seen and he had usually tried to skip his archery lessons since nothing Chiron did helped him get any better.

He took his bow off his back and Will and I watched from a safe distance. Percy knocked an Arrow, Pulled back the string and fired, I was stunned when the arrow actually hit the target he fired several more arrows with the same result. Will walked over to him and asked: "Since when did you get so good at Archery?"

 "Percy answered, "Not that long ago, your dad taught me." 

Percy talked to will a little longer and then he left the archery range I walked up to him and said, "Percy" 

he just glared at me I used to be one of the few people who was unaffected by his glare but now after his change in appearance even I was intimidated by it.

finally, he said, "Annabeth don't even bother we are through, you lost me when you broke up with me go find some other guy to date and then leave when you get tired of him because I'm done with you." And then he stormed off.

Percy's point of view

After my little run in with Annabeth I went and found Grover and talked to him and Juniper for quite a while until it was time for dinner, I decided I would stay until after the campfire to see if Ares would claim Christina if he didn't I would call a council meeting in the morning to decide what to do next. I stayed for the rest of the evening and Christina remained unclaimed, so I told Chiron that I would call a meeting in the morning and that once the meeting had concluded I would iris message him to inform him of the outcome.