Chapter 2: Perfect Guy

Derek and I's relationship really took off. After a few dates, he asked me to be his girlfriend. I replied with a definite yes. We hung out after school everyday, we talked on the phone every night, and I really thought I had found the perfect guy. He was sweet, he didn't do drugs, and he loved me for who I was. I wasn't afraid to let loose around him. We were meant for each other.

My parents seemed to like him, which was a miracle. My mom seemed to adore him even more than me. Whenever he came over she would bake him cookies, and cakes. But then again, that was just my mom. She had such a kind heart. My dad, on the other hand, was very stiff. When I first took Derek to meet my parents...

"Mom, Dad, this is Derek. Derek is my new boyfriend. Please don't eat him." I said shyly.

"It is very nice to meet you, Derek." My mom replied rather chipper. "Call me Megan, or Mrs. Avery. Whichever you prefer." She smiled widely. "Will you help me in the kitchen, Quinn?" I nodded, and we turned, and headed towards the kitchen.

"Hello sir, It's very nice to meet you." I heard Derek say to my dad after a few minutes of silence. They were sitting on the couch. My dad had gotten out his shotgun, and was cleaning it. He snapped it back together, and Derek jumped. He looked like he was going to pee his pants. I snickered at it.

"Hmm." Was all my dad said. He wasn't a man of many words, but getting a reply at all was good.

"Mom," I whispered. "Is dinner ready yet? Derek looks like he's going throw up or something. Don't let him suffer." We had our heads peaked out of the door way, keeping watch on them.

"Yes, it's done. Hahaha! Oh, your dad has his ways of making boys squirm! I love it!" She whispered back.

"MOM!" I whisper-shouted. "Please! You're going to scare him!"

"Ok, fine. DINNER'S READY!" She shouted, and the boys came off the couch into the kitchen.

* * * * * *

It had been a couple of months since we had met, and Derek was planning on taking me somewhere special for an after Valentine's day celebration. It was a secret, and all my friends seemed to know except me. Maccy giggled every time I walked by her, so I was getting kind of nervous. "Mace, what are we doing tonight?"

"I can't tell you" she started giggling again. She was impossible sometimes.

"Why not? Just tell me it's not something bad." I asked. Maccy was being ridiculous. I wanted answers.

"It's so romantic." She let out a sigh, and batted her eyelashes. This was not ok.

"Oh man." I was definitely worried. Maccy's idea of romantic was a midnight walk on the beach that ended with all your clothes off (which has happened to her before). I wasn't that kind of girl. I was very... Modest. I nervously stroked my hair. "How romantic are you talking?"

"Well, It's not ideal romantic evening." I let out a sigh of relief. "But it is awfully adorable!" She seemed so excited. It kind of scared me. I felt much better knowing that it wasn't something Maccy would do. I let my mind wander through the possibilities of what it could be as I went through the rest of my day at school.

I was spacing out in geometry when my phone buzzed in my pocket. It read one new message. It was from Derek.

Hey Babe. I'm super pumped for tonight. Make sure you wear something extra nice. It's fancy. -D

Fancy? There wasn't anything fancy in our town. Our fancy was the local burger joint, or the movie theatre. I was worried now. I texted him back.

Where are you taking me? -Q

He texted me back.

Babe, it wouldn't be a surprise if I told you. I'll pick you up around 7. Maccy is going to help you get ready. -D

I knew Maccy was a part of his evil plan. Ugh. I wished they would tell me, but then again, I was excited to see what the surprise was.

* * * * * *

The rest of the day went by quick. Maccy took me to get a fancy outfit. After hours of searching, she found a red cocktail dress. It was short and not modest at all. It hugged my curves, and squished my boobs up. Maccy thought it was perfect, and I had to agree it looked nice on me, despite the provocative length. Maccy found some matching black heels, and some pretty jewelry. My favorite was a silver necklace. It was a heart locket that said Je t'aime. It was beautiful, but Maccy wouldn't let me get it. She said it clashed.

After we bought my outfit, we went to my house to get me ready. She curled my long hair into perfect ringlets that bounced at my side. She applied careful makeup that made my eyes pop. After she was done, I stood up and she clapped. I turned and looked in the mirror. I didn't see myself anymore, I saw some girl in a tight red dress with to much makeup on. I was getting ready to change into something else, but it was to late to change because Derek knocked on the door.