Chapter 30: Life Part 2

I screamed at the doctor when I woke up. Well, it was more like a whisper, because I felt so weak. I did happen to muster up enough energy to sound snappy. I could not believe he wouldn't allow non-family guests in for another day. Christian needed to be here. I needed him. He was suppose to always be there for me.

My parents tried to calm me down. I was still furious at them for being petty bitches the day before. I could have died and they didn't even apologize. After they got me to stop yelling, they left my room with the doctor. I could hear them outside my door discussing me. I was suppose to be "resting." How could I rest when I was so worked up and stressed. On top of all of that, I had only seen my precious baby for a fraction of a second. She wasn't kept in my room, she was in the nicu (Neonatal Intensive Care Unit) to get treated for pneumonia. It was horrible. I wanted to hold her, and tell her how special she was to me. The only thing the stupid doctors asked me concerning her was what I wanted to name her. I told them Mia Bella, and they never asked me anything about her again. I didn't understand why they were keeping me from her.

I was being treated for infection too. I felt groggy all the time, and weak. I only had enough energy to lift my head a little. The doctor said I had lost a lot of blood, and that's why I was so low on energy. He also said something about having conceiving problems for when I'm older. He went more into detail about that, but I was too out of it to even comprehend what he was saying. Everything felt like a blur. Without Christian, I felt like I couldn't breathe.

My mom came back into my room. She was saying stuff to me, but I didn't care to listen. "Can I have my phone please?" I asked as loud as I could. She dropped her head and nodded. She reached into her purse, and handed me my phone. "Can you just go, Mom? I want to be alone." She didn't answer me, and left the room.

I opened my phone. There were a few messages from Shadow, Amy, and Jaymie. I also had one from Skylar. I had 10 texts, and 3 missed calls from Christian. I called him back.

It only took three rings for him to answer. "Quinn! Oh my gosh. How are you feeling? Are they treating you okay? How's the baby?" I stayed silent. Hearing his voice was enough. Silent tears rolled down my cheeks. "Is everything alright?"

"I feel really weak. I'm really mad that they won't let you visit. I haven't seen Mia. They are keeping her from me. She's sick, I guess. I wouldn't know. They haven't told me anything. I'm fine, I really miss you." I whispered. I hoped he could hear me.

"I miss you too. Did they say anything else?" He asked. His voice soothed me. It was so silky smooth, even through the phone.

"They told me I would have trouble conceiving from now on due to complications in the surgery. It makes me feel so wonderful that I am giving away the only baby I will ever have." I laid the sarcasm on thick, trying to cover up how upset I really was.

"I don't care what they are saying. I'm on my way right now." The phone went dead. I stuffed my phone under the pillow, and rolled over. I covered my head with the blankets, and waited.

* * * * * *

It took me 3 minutes to get to the hospital. It was normally a 10 minute or so drive. I was only speeding a little. The hospital seemed its normal busy self. I slipped by unnoticed into an elevator. I clicked the button to Quinn's room.

The hallways were deserted, except for the lonely secretary that I had fought with the day before. I had no pity on her. She pissed me off yesterday. I turned my head to the sound of a door opening. Dr. Erikson was leaving a patient's room. I slipped into a chair, and pulled an outdated magazine over my face. I watched him lay a chart down on the counter in front of the secretary. She fiddled with her scubs awkwardly, trying to make them look flattering. She brushed a fallen piece of hair out of her eyes, and fluttered her lashes at him. He gave her an up down, and winked. It was disgusting to watch. He slanted his head to a door that said on call room, and started walking towards it. Once he closed the door behind him, the secretary got up and went in after him. I took a moment to process everything, and shuddered. I got up from my seat, and proceeded towards Quinn's room.