Chapter 30: Life Part 1

There are moments in life. Wonderful, memorable moments in life. Rare moments that make all of the horrible things suddenly disappear. If you are lucky, you may experience one of these beautiful moments more than once. These are the moments that keep people going. They give us hope for a world that is better. They are the things people strive for, the ones we work our butts off for. They are the things that make all the pain worth it. Those are the moments that are worth living for.

* * * * * *

It was two days before my due date, and I was freaking out. I spent most of my mornings that week trying to convince my mom that I couldn't go to school. She never let me skip. It was frustrating. When we weren't talking about that, we were at eachother's throats. It must have been nerves or hormones, but whatever it was started to slowly ruin my relationship with my mom.

Stomping upstairs after another argument with my mom, I slammed the door behind me. They really pissed me off. I looked at a picture of my family that was sitting on my bedside table. It was taken before everything had happened. I was laughing carelessly at my dad, who was giving my mom a condescending look. My mother had a giggly grin also. I felt so enraged. I picked up the frame, and chucked it across my room. The shattering glass scared Kitty, who ran and hid under my bed. I pulled my fingers through my hair. I was ready for this to be over.

I paced around my room, attempting to calm down. After I had done a few laps, I decided to get dressed. I threw on a white cardigan over a black tank top, and a pair of stretchy pants. My phone buzzed on my nightstand. I lazily walked over to it, throwing my hair up in a messy bun as I picked it up.

Good morning. How are you feeling today? -C

I sat down on my bed. A small sigh escaped my lips as I thought about the fight with my parents. Kitty meowed in response, and climbed out of her hiding spot and into my lap. She let out a soft purr when I stroked her back. I felt like a horrible person.

Got in another fight with my parents. It was pretty bad. Threw a picture against the wall. Whoops. I'm ready for all of this to be over. Anyways, I'm ready, so you can come pick me up whenever. -Q

I sighed, and set my phone back down. I picked up Kitty. "Kitty, never ever ever ever get pregnant. It sucks." I told her. She meowed at me again. I set her down, and opened my door and let her out.

I put on some mascara, and grabbed my school bag. It took exactly 3 1/2 minutes for Christian to get to my house. I climbed into the passenger seat. He handed me a coffee. "It's decaf, but from your text this morning it sounded like you needed a pick-me-up, even if it isn't caffeinated."

I set my coffee in the cup holder next to his, and grabbed his face. I could taste the coffee on his lips. He placed one of his hands on the back of my head and pulled me closer. He brushed his tongue against my bottom lip, and I opened my mouth. He caressed his tongue against mine.

After a while, He pulled away and smiled at me. He gave me another small kiss on the forehead, then my nose, and finally my lips. "You're so adorable. I love you." he whispered.

"I love you too." I whispered back.

School was boring. I was falling asleep during 2nd period. My physiology teacher didn't appreciate my nap, and assigned me an essay on narcolepsy. I was not very happy about that. I was able to stay awake during 3rd, but that's only because it was ceramics. I did accidentally bump somebody's vase on the spinning wheel with my belly. The girl gave me the dirtiest look. 4th period was French. I fell asleep again. Madame Plouvin asked me "Comment est-ce que tu dormir?"

I replied "Je suis pleine." She didn't like my answer.

By the time lunch rolled around I was grouchy and pooped. I laid my head on table. Christian rubbed my back. "Is everything alright?" He asked. I let out a groan. "I'll go get us some food." He gave me shoulder a squeeze, then walked off. I was tired of being pregnant. I didn't want to carry around a heavy baby anymore. I was tired of being looked at in the hallways, or getting snickered at when I couldn't quite get in and out of my seat comfortably.