三十一

02:24 A.M.
––

INCOMING CALL
FROM JIMIN...

CALL START –– 02:24 A.M.

TAEHYUNG:
" jimin? that wasn't fifteen minutes. i told you to call me in fifteen minutes. and you didn't pick up when i did? what gives–– "

JIMIN:
" i'm sorry! there were too many people, i didn't feel comfortable talking. "

TAEHYUNG:
" where are you now? "

JIMIN:
" in the bathroom of some bar... it's okay though, no one's here right now. "

TAEHYUNG:
" did you wash all the... blood? "

JIMIN:
" y-yeah. and no one followed me. so far, so good. but i don't think anyone heard, taehyung. god i should go back, the guy is bleeding his guts out––"

TAEHYUNG:
" jimin. focus. tell me what happened. everything. "

JIMIN:
" namjoon was following me. "

TAEHYUNG:
" following from where? why are you even out this late? "

JIMIN:
" i don't know, okay? i couldn't sleep and i just felt like walking around for a while. late night trek, ya know? or morning, i guess. and maybe have a few drinks. then all of the sudden i felt like someone's behind me. "

JIMIN:
" ... it was obvious, though, when i turned around for a brief second that he was there. and i just––i started panicking and i didn't even think of calling you. "

JIMIN:
" i didn't even think it was him. thought it was some random creep. all i did was walk until the streets became deserted and we were the only two people and––"

TAEHYUNG:
" hey–– hey. calm down. "

JIMIN:
" o-okay. sorry. "

TAEHYUNG:
" keep going. "

JIMIN:
" ... and suddenly he called my name. i should've kept walking, i know, but i panicked and stopped in my tracks. for a few seconds, it was just like that, me standing there with the creep inches behind me. "

JIMIN:
" i faced him eventually and––and he started talking. he started accusing me of things i didn't even do, told me that i messed with his friends. people i'm not sure i even know. "

JIMIN:
" he told if i don't start cleaning up my act then i'll get what i deserve, which i'm not sure what he meant by but all i remember is that the guy kept getting closer and—"

JIMIN:
"—and i yelled at him. i was scared so i yelled at him to go away and i only made him pissed off, which was fucking stupid of me because that's when i realized he had a knife in his hands. "

JIMIN:
" ... but that's also when i realized i had the gun in my backpack. "

JIMIN:
" he started... pushing and hitting me, like he was trying to bait me into confessing whatever it is he thought i did. "