Mess Ups

Jack's Point Of View

I grabbed Mark's hand and ran down the hall to our room. What the hell am I thinking! Oh no. Oh no! Oh no no no no! What if he's not into guys?! What am I thinking! What is he thinking! I now have him pinned against the wall. I shoved him into our room and pinned him against the wall. I look at his face finally and he looks worried. I let him go and he relaxes.

"What the hell was that dude?!" Mark says nearly shouting,

"I don't know. I'm sorry." I look down ashamed and rub the back of my neck.

Mark leaves and goes to the bedroom and slams the door closed. I hear him lock the door. Shit. I walk to the couch and plop down. I'm coming off too strong, way to strong. How do I fix this? I pull out my phone and text my mom. I would always come to her when I had an issue. I didn't even ring her to tell her how my first day went. i'll ring her another time but this i need to text her about. I can't have Mark hear this. 

Jack: Hey mum I really need some advice from you I messed up

Jack's Mum: Jack! I miss you so much! You better come home on holiday. What's wrong sweetie?

Jack: I will! So my new flatmate, Mark, he's really cute. I started to like him and we met on the plane. I may have came off way too strong and ruined our friendship. Mum what do I do? 

JM: Oh hunny. Did you apologize? What happened?

Jack: I apologized but he went into the bedroom and slammed the door then locked it. I know he's mad. How do I fix this?

JM: Give him space and let him come to you and talk to you when he's ready

Jack: Thank you mum. I miss you and love you

JM: I miss and love you too

Thank God for my mother. she always knows what to do when I have no clue. I'll take her advice and leave him to be. 

Click

That must be the door opening. Mark comes out in normal clothes and avoids me. As I thought he was. I went into the bedroom and just sat on my bed thinking about how I royally messed up everything and it was only my second day there. 

I wake up to someone lightly shaking me, it was Mark. Oh no. 

"Here's some food. I made some dinner for myself and Mindy but thought that you may be hungry"

Maybe he wasn't mad, or maybe he is but he's just being nice. Also who the hell is Mindy?

"Thanks," I reply while taking the bowl from him, "It looks great."

"Thank you. I used to cook at home with my mom. " Mark said with a light voice

He gets up and leaves the room. I sit up and start to eat, It looks like a soup of some sort. it filled the with aromatic scent of chicken. I'm going to assume it's chicken noodle soup. It was really good. I didn't even realize I fell asleep until Mark woke me up. I glance at the clock and I can see the glow of the red numbers displaying 6:27. I guess I've been sleeping for a few hours at least. it felt nice and refreshing. I feel a lot less stressed about my whole situation. I mean he brought me some soup for dinner so he cared enough to not let me starve.  I finish off the soup by drinking up the rest of the broth and set it down on the desk. I change out of my robes into some grey sweats and sky blue jumper. I grab my bowl and reach for the door knob. Do I really want to go out there? I inhale sharply and open the door. i hear marks laugh boom into the room as he sits on the couch with a girl. A girl... maybe they're just friends. I have a quick pace and walk to the kitchen and rinse my bowl and gently place it in the sink.

I make the mistake of looking over my shoulder while walking back to the room. i see mark has his arm around her waist. I doubt they're dating yet it's too soon. I was right he's not like me. He's not into guys. I see them finishing up their soup and enter the room. I shut and lock the door. I collapse onto my bed and exhale heavily. I feel a cold tear make its way down my cheek. Next thing I know I'm crying and I don't even understand why. It feels nice to cry. I cry softly so no one can hear. I hear the front door open and close then moments after I hear the door knob jiggling.

"Jack. Could you let me in please?" Mark kindly asks

"Sure. Just give me a second." I get up and wipe away my tears and look into the mirror and fix myself up so it wasn't obvious I was crying. 

I walk over to the door and unlock it. Mark is standing there staring at my face. I quickly dart my glaze down still embarrassed of the incident. I try to escape his gaze but I can still feel his eyes on me. I move aside and let him inside. He walks inside and I try to leave. He grabs my arm as I try to leave but lets go and I continue my way out. I put my shoes on grab my wand, phone, wallet, and keys. I open the door and go out for a walk to see what's around this school.

Mark's Point Of View

Jack has me pinned against the wall and he's not budging. He looks down then back up and lets go of me.

"What the hell was that dude?!" That came out much louder and douchey than I intended.

" I don't know. I'm sorry." Jack replied so softly. He looked down looking upset. But what is he upset with.

I leave him to his thoughts and walk towards our room. I open the door then lock it. I don't know what his issue is but that was weird as hell. I'm a little upset if I'm being completely honest. I changed into some pants and tee and walk back out. I walked past Jack and he gets up and goes to our room. I grab My phone and text Melinda. She was in one of my classes. I text asking her if she'd like to come over and watch some movies. She replies quite quickly and says she's on her way. 

I hear a soft knock and it's Melinda she has a few bags in her hands full of stuff. She sets them down on the counter,

"If I'm going to be here I don't want to starve. Boys tend to not be able to feed themselves."

I laugh at her reasoning and help her put some of the things in our empty fridge. Maybe she's right boys can't feed themselves. 

We make our way to the couch and turn on the movie channel and watch movies to kill some time. As dinner time rolls around Mindy and I make some dinner. I make a bowl for Jack. i hope he's okay. He's been in that room for a few hours now. I open the door and notice he's asleep. maybe I should come back. I decide against that and gently shake him awake. He wakes up a little confused looking,

 "Here's some food. I made some dinner for myself and Mindy but thought that you may be hungry" 

He reaches for the bowl and softly says to me, 

"Thanks. It looks great." 

"Thank you. I used to cook at home with my mom. "

I leave the room and return to the kitchen to make myself and Mindy a bowl. We make our way back to the couch once again. We eat up or soup and Jack finally comes out of the room. He changed his clothes. His light blue sweater is really nice. I like it. I turn my focus back to the TV and put my arm around Mindy. She's really sweet and a great friend. i've only known her for a day but she's great. 

Mindy claims she has some homework she has to do so she helps clean up and i walk her to the door and wish her goodbye.

I make my way to the bedroom and grab the knob and slightly jiggle it. It's locked.

"Jack. Could you let me in please?"

"Sure. Just give me a second." Jack replies. He sounded very breathy like he was crying

I hear him shuffling around the room and he opens the door. He looks sad. He avoids my gaze and moves aside to let me in. I go towards the bed and Jack tries to leave. I grab his arm and he stops. I want to ask what's wrong but what if he doesn't want to talk about it. I let go of his harm and he leaves the room. I hear him grab his things and leave our dorm room. I want to know what's wrong. Will he let me in?

A/N: I know it's been forever and I deeply am sorry for that but I'm back now and I intend on finishing up my stories finally after 2 years.