004 ➙ MIND OVER MATTER

"I'm ninety-five, I'm not dead." Steve shot at Natasha as they finished up the conversation they were having about the kiss they'd had.

Armina watched from the backseat as they pulled up in front of an abandoned military base. She watched with curiosity as she looked around.

"This is it?" He asked as they all three got out of the truck, which was stolen, or borrowed as Steve said.

"The file came from these coordinates." Natasha informed as she glanced at the device within her hand.

"So did I."

Later, the three were walking around the abandoned base, searching for where the signal had came from.

"This camp is where I was trained." Steve informed as he seemed to zone off, staring at something in the distance.

  "This is a dead end. Zero heat signature, zero waves, not even radio. Whoever wrote the file must have used a router to throw people off." Natasha said as she looked around the empty base.

"It sounds reasonable." Armina stated as she swung her arms at her sides. She and the red-head watched as Steve made her way towards a building.

"What is it?" Natasha asked as they quickly followed along behind him.

  "Army regulations forbid storing ammunition within five hundred yards from the barracks. This building is in the wrong place." Steve said as he bust the lock open with his shield. They flick the lights on before taking in what's around them.

 "This is SHIELD." Natasha states as Armina looks around in amazement.

 "Maybe where it started." The Captain suggests as they enter a room, where three photos are hung on the walls. Just from looking at them, Armina could tell they were quite old.

 "There's Stark's father." Natasha said as she looked at a certain photo before glancing at the others.

 "Howard." Steve informed.

 "Who's the girl?" She then asked, but he seemed to ignore her as he turns to walk away. Armina and Natasha shared a glance with each other before brushing it off as Steve looks at the large bookshelf.

 "If you're already working in a secret office," he trailed off before pulling the bookshelf, revealing an elevator, "why do you need to hide the elevator?"

 "Maybe it's a dungeon." Armina suggests sarcastically as she glances at the several cobwebs around the bookshelf.

 The three of them go to the elevator, which takes them to a lower floor.

 "Don't think I've ever seen anything this old. Besides you, Cap." The brunette looked around at the old computers in wonder.

 "This can't be the data-point, this technology is ancient." Natasha furrowed her brows as she stepped towards the system.

 Off to the side, Armina was taking a look at the machinery. It was obviously old, probably as old as Steve, she thought. As she swiped a finger against it, it proved her point. Dust covered her finger tips, leaving a clean spot. Quickly, she wiped it away on the sweatpants Natasha had given her.