008 ➙ DISCOVERY

"He's the kind you stop." Armina heard Sam saying as she walked onto the bridge that he and Steve stood upon. As she stood beside Sam, they both took note of her presence.

Steve sighed. "I don't know if I could do that."

"Well, he might not give you a choice. He doesn't know you." Sam responded, and Armina seemed to catch on to what the two were talking about.

"Fight how you would a stranger." She spoke up before Steve flashed her a small smile, appreciating her words of advice.

"He will," he spoke, referring back to Sam, "gear up. It's time."

"You gonna wear that?" Sam asked as Steve turned and began to walk away.

"No. If you're gonna fight a war, you gotta wear a uniform." He yelled over his shoulder, making Armina laugh lightly.

"How about you, you gonna wear that?" Sam asked as he looked to Armina, gesturing towards her clothing. A tank top and a pair of jeans.

"I just might." She shrugged. "I'll see if Natasha has anything I can borrow, I haven't exactly gotten the chance to go shopping."

"Maybe once this is all over, I'll give you a ride over to the nearest mall." He suggested, making Armina raise her brows.

"I'll hold you to that, pretty boy." She nudged him in the side with her elbow before his face turned to a serious expression.

"Are you sure you're ready for this? From what I gathered from Nat, this is your first time back on the job. Not to mention the fact that you're injured." His question made her sigh before she rubbed her temples with two fingers.

"Sam, I'll be fine. Remember, I've been on my own for the past years. Plus, I've got this. I'll be fine." She tugged at her belt, making him furrow his brows in confusion.

"A belt? What are you gonna do, spank them?" He asked, earning a laugh from the girl.

"No, that's just weird. This isn't an ordinary belt." She began to undo the belt.

"Okay, no stripping on the bridge." He stared at her with wide eyes.

"Calm down. I'm not stripping." She pulled her belt from its loops as she took a step back from Sam before slinging the belt outward. Sam watched in pure amazement as the links within the belt all gathered together. As they did so, they formed the sword that he had seen prior on the bridge.

"Holy shit. Where did you get that thing?" He reached out to touch it, only to have Armina move it away.

"I wouldn't do that, unless you want to get shocked. It was passed down in my family." She explained.

"How would I get shocked?" His question made Armina laugh before she raised her free hand, forming a spark between her fingers.

"That's holding it together." She reached forward, touching Sam's arm with one finger before he jumped at the tiny shock she had given him.

"Are you like an robot? Damn."

She laughed at his reaction before allowing the links of the sword to form back into a belt. "Come on, it didn't hurt that bad. It was just a tiny shock. Calm down, pretty boy. I've given people worse."

"This is weird yet amazing." He watched as she put the belt back on, the electricity leaving her fingertips.

"The belt?" She raised a brow as she looked up at him once she had the belt securely on.

"You."

__

okay, so short chapter because I haven't updated today, and honestly, I needed to. this is pretty much a filler. they're so cute, I couldn't not update tbfh.

I promise the next chapter will be longer.