014 ➙ MEETING

Armina met up with Agent Phil Coulson a day or so after she had told Sam about her abilities being altered. None of the Avengers knew that he was alive, and well, she was lucky that she did. However, she didn't consider herself an Avenger.

She had left a detail out for Sam about day that she had rudely awoken inside the motel room alone. As she was leaving, she was stopped by a man in a suit and sunglasses. Clearly a man undercover.

And that man just happened to be Phil Coulson, coming to help her with what had just happened to her an hour or two prior.

And now, Armina sat alone at a coffee shop in downtown Washington, DC. She had a coffee cup within her grasp as she sat back in a seat near the window.

As she took a glance over her shoulder, she saw a man walking in along with a brunette following along behind him. Their heads were kept low as they approached Armina's table, and she knew just who they were. Well, one of them anyways.

"You wanted to meet?" Phil Coulson questioned as he looked up, making eye contact with Armina. The brunette sat down beside him, her hands clasped on top of the table.

"I did, but I wasn't aware you were bringing someone." She responded as she leaned forward, her eyes falling on the brunette that she had yet to meet.

"This is Skye. She's new." He explained carefully as he gestured towards the younger girl.

"Armina." The older brunette introduced as she gave a short, quick nod. "Alright, this has to be quick. Lover boy just thinks I'm out grabbing a cup of coffee. Have you got anything about whoever knocked me out?"

"It's a program, an illegal one." Skye explained before her attention went to Phil, waiting for him to continue the explanation.

"It's called the Centipede Project. It's funded and led by an agent of HYDRA, better known as the Clairvoyant. However, we believe whoever altered your abilities wasn't the Clairvoyant himself." The Agent explained carefully.

"It had to of been a double agent at least, right?" Armina's brows furrowed before she shook her head.

"That's what we're thinking, many agents have been taken into custody." Skye stated, making her nod shortly.

"It makes sense if it were a double agent." Coulson added, making Armina bite down on her bottom lip as she nodded yet again, falling silent.

She glanced at the clock on the wall near her before releasing a short sigh. "I have to go, thank you."

The two nodded in response, giving a smile. Coulson spoke up just as she stood up. "Don't hesitate to call if anything happens."

She nodded once, releasing a sigh before turning and walked away. She kept her head down just as Skye and Phil had done when they entered. With HYDRA revealed and SHIELD fallen, she had to be careful about being seen.

She pressed her cup against her lips, the thoughts swirling within her mind about what she had just learned. She honestly didn't know what to think of it, truth be told. She had pretty much been a subject in an experiment. She wasn't a failed subject so why did they leave her there?

She shoved the thoughts out of her mind as she walked into Sam's house, tossing the now empty coffee cup into the garbage can. She cleared her voice before sarcastically yelling out. "Honey, I'm home!"

She could hear Sam's laughter as he walked out of his room, his usual running outfit on. "How was the coffee?"

"Good as always." She gave him a grin as he came forward, putting his arms around her. "You stink, why are you hugging me?"

"Why are you not hugging me?" He retorted, making her face contort into a look of disgust.

"Because you stink and need a shower. You're making me feel like a mom, go take a shower. Afterwards, you can hug me all you want." She pressed her hands against his chest, giving him a gentle push.

"But-" he started, only to be cut off by her.

"Don't make me shock you."