016 ➙ TOASTS

"She's mad." Sam told Steve as they watched over the party that was going on at the facility. Off to the side, Armina sat at the bar where Natasha was serving drinks. It was obvious that she wasn't as mad at her as she was with Sam. "She doesn't like opening up to me, and I don't get that."

Steve sighed in response before looking over at him. "I don't know what to tell you. Never really had luck with girls before I went under."

Sam shrugged as he folded his arms across his chest. "I just hope that if anything happens, she'll talk about it."

"Knowing her, she'll go to Natasha first." Steve stated as he looked back down at the party. The two fell silent before Sam looked back over at him.

"Did you ever find a place in Brooklyn?" He asked before Steve shook his head.

"Don't think I can afford a place in Brooklyn." He explained.

Sam sighed, nodding his head in an understanding way. "Well, home is home, you know?"

"I'm gonna head down and enjoy the party, are you coming or you gonna stay up here all night?" Steve asked as he began to walk away from the man, gesturing down at the party.

"I think I'll have a drink." He responded after a moment of thought before he followed along behind him. The two walked down onto the floor below them, Sam heading for the bar. While he did, Steve went off to talk to the others about god knows what.

"Oh, look who's done gossiping, and decided to join us." Armina said sarcastically as he sat down beside her. While Natasha shot her a glare, she looked to Sam as she raised an eyebrow.

"Want anything? I'm serving all night." She asked.

"Just a beer. I'll have to drive this one home." He responded with a short nod while glancing over at Armina.

"So, what'd you talk about? Compare chest sizes? See who has the bigger ass?" Armina gave a toothy smile as she looked over at Sam, making him look straight to Natasha as if looking for answers.

"How much has she drank? A day ago she wanted to kill me." He furrowed his brows before looking back at the girl beside him.

"More like I knocked sense into her." The red-head explained as she placed a beer onto the counter in front of Sam.

"I see that." He nodded slowly as his lips formed into a small smile.

"I don't know why you're worried about me," Armina started as she picked up her glass, "I have a very high tolerance."

"That's true. We were on a mission in Burbank, our target was at a club. Well, we went one night, scoped the place. This one over here almost drank the whole bar. I was surprised she didn't get alcohol poisoning." Natasha explained, letting out a short laugh.

"The good ole days, am I right?" Armina grinned as she raised her glass into the air, as if making a toast. "Here's to being back I the business, just not killing."

She glanced from Natasha to Sam, the small smile remaining on her lips. "And kicking ass with some of my favorite people."

__
so, it's shorter than usual, but I have news! I am currently working on a sequel for this book, AND a prequel. that way, you guys can see how Armina first started working alongside Natasha. and why she did, as well. so, yay! I'm very excited for it, and I hope you guys are as well.