005 ➙ SMOKE

"How'd you end up with them? I haven't seen you before." Sam asked as he and Armina stood in the kitchen. He was making breakfast while Armina was cleaning up her leg. Natasha and Steve were getting themselves cleaned up as well.

"I used to work with Natasha, she needed my help, and now, I'm back." Armina explained briefly as she let out a hiss due to the stinging in her leg as she cleaned it. "How about you?"

Sam laughed at her question as he turned off the stove before turning around to look at her. "I'm not exactly with them."

"But Cap knows you, so how'd that happen?" Armina questioned as she placed a bandage over the numerous scratches.

"Long story short, it's impossible to outrun that man." His response made Armina laugh.

"That doesn't surprise me." She stood up to hand Sam the first aid kit he had allowed her to borrow. "Thanks for this."

"It's no problem. What's your name? Never caught it." He took the kit and placed it beside himself on the counter.

"Never said it." She stated teasingly as she turned back around to sit down in the seat she was previously in.

"Alright, then." He shook his head in disbelief at the girl's sudden attitude.

"I'm joking, pretty boy. It's Armina. Armina Patel." She winked at him in a playful manner as she pulled her legs up underneath her, being gentle with the hurt one.

"Sam Wilson."

"Oh, I know." She stared at him from where she sat for a few, long moments. The two kept eye contact, a small smile upon their lips before Sam finally broke the silence.

"I'm gonna let them know I made food." He stated before disappearing down a hall, leaving Armina there.

The three back into the kitchen as Armina grabbed an apple she had seen on Sam's counter before holding it up, taking a bite. "Hope you don't mind."

"Make yourself at home." He shook his head at her before Natasha spoke up from beside Steve as they were all seated.

"So, the question is: who in SHIELD could launch a domestic missile strike?"

"Pierce." Steve stated, looking up at her.

"And who is Pierce?" Armina asked after taking another bite of the apple.

"The leader of SHIELD." Natasha explained. "And who happens to be sitting on top of the most secure building in the world."

"Doesn't mean we can't kick his ass." Armina pursed her lips as she continued to munch down on the apple.

"But he's not working alone, Zola's algorithm was on the Lemurian Star." Steve added on.

"So was Jasper Sitwell." Natasha said.

"So we kick everyone's ass." Armina suggested before giving a small shrug.

"So, the real question is: how do the two most wanted people in Washington kidnap a SHIELD officer in broad daylight?" Steve questioned, making Armina's mind raced with possibilities.

"The answer is: you don't." Sam said before placing a file in front of Steve.

This, of course, got everyone's attention as Steve picked it up. "What's this?"

"Call it a resume." Sam stated as Natasha picked up a photo before Armina put her hand out so she could take a look. The image was of Sam and the para-rescue team he was on.

"Is this Bakhmala? The Khalid Khandil mission, that was you." Natasha said as she looked up at Sam, raising a single brow before looking to Steve. "You didn't say he was a para-rescue."

"Is this Riley?" Steve asked as he looked at another photo from the file Sam had given him.

"Yeah." Sam folded his arms across his chest.

"I heard they couldn't bring in the choppers because of the RPGs. What did you use, a stealth chute?" Natasha asked, reading through the file briefly.

"No. These." Sam handed Steve yet another file as Armina stood up to have a look at the file herself. She tossed the apple she had been eating into a nearby garbage can while she was at it.

"I thought you said you're a pilot." Steve said as he looked back up at Sam.

"I never said a pilot." He took a step towards the three.

"Well, pretty boy is badass after all." Armina looked up at Sam with a wide smile, which he returned yet smaller.

"I can't ask you to do this, Sam. You got out for a good reason." Steve's words made Armina look back down at the man as she glanced at the file before them.

"Dude, Captain America needs my help. There's no better reason to get back in."

"Where can we get our hands on one of these things?" Steve questioned, referring towards the images within the files.

"The last one is at Fort Meade, behind three guarded gates and a twelve-inch steel wall." He explained before Steve glanced before Natasha and Armina. Both shrugged in response.

"Shouldn't be a problem." He then stated before throwing the file back onto the table, allowing Armina to read what was printed on the front.

'EXO-7 FALCON'

Her attention then went towards Sam as she nodded her head. "This'll be easy."

——

okay they're amazing. i'm loving writing Armina's character, honestly.

also another PVRIS title, oops.