Chapter 27

Drake's P.O.V

      After what felt like forever the doctor came back into the room. "What is it? Are they okay?" I asked worried.

"Alison is going to be fine. She has a minor concussion but the surgery went well and she's going to be just fine. Kinzey on the other hand, it's going to be awhile before we'll know whether or not she's going to, how do I put this delicately, we don't know if she's going to survive or not," He said with a sad sigh. I fell to my knees and couldn't help but sob. I felt like my world was falling apart and I was sinking to the bottom of the ocean with weights tied to my ankles. At least Alison is okay though. Not all is lost. Was all I could think to keep from going insane. I will kill them if it's the last thing I ever fucking do. I thought bitterly. 

     They brought the girls back into the room and hooked Kinzey back up to all the machines and IVs keeping her alive.  "Hey baby," I sobbed softly. "Daddy's right here. I love you with all of my heart. Hang in there sweetie, you're going to be okay," I sobbed into her hair. 

"Everything's going to be okay Drake," Alison said softly.

"You don't know that Alison, everything could  come crashing down in front of me at any point in time. My daughter is dying and saying it's going to be okay isn't helping anything. That's false hope and that's not what I need. I need real hope. I need something to hold onto that's telling me that that false hope isn't false at all," I sighed aggravated. I felt bad right after I spoke. Alison got quiet and didn't say anything else for what seemed like forever. "I'm sorry Alison, I just, this is a horrible situation and nothing anyone says will make me feel better unless they tell me she's going to make a full recovery. Please understand and don't be mad at me,"I begged. 

"I'm not mad at you Drake, I understand that it won't make you feel better but it makes me feel better to say it. Kinzey may not be my daughter but I treat her as such and to me she is and this is painful for me as well. I watched them be mean to her and I couldn't do anything to stop them. I tried so hard, I even fought Seth hand to hand to get her to be set free but I was too weak to save her. This is my fault and I will never forgive myself if things go wrong. Because of me hr life is at risk yet again. This is on me," She said though tears. I didn't know what to say. I was sitting here plotting revenge and praying that my little girl would be okay without thinking about what Alison must be going through. This is hard on her if not harder than it is for me. She was there the whole time. 

                                                                          3 Days Later

 "How are we this morning?" The doctor asked walking into the room that we hadn't left in four days. 

"The same we have been I suppose," I sighed, "What about Kinzey?" I asked worriedly. 

"She's doing well and should be able to go home later today if she continues to do well," He said with a smile. I couldn't stop myself from jumping up and hugging the doctor. He chuckled and I turned to Alison. 

"You were right my love," I said hugging her gently. She smiled  and kissed me. After a few hours passed and Alison and myself had showered and changed we got ready to check Kinzey out of the hospital. They had taken her back to do a few more tests before releasing her. We got got to the reception desk and signed all the paper work to leave as the nurse brought Kinzey up to us. 

"Now you take good care of mom and dad, okay?" He chuckled giving her a high five. 

"Thank you so much," I said shaking his hand.