On the Road

Hank's P.o.v
"Dory, I am NOT going back to that torturous place that they call the ocean! I am going to Cleveland and that is my one and true goal, ok!"

Dory and I were on the truck to Cleveland and she kept pestering me to go back to the ocean, but seriously why would I want to do that. All I wanted was solitude and peace where I wouldn't have to fear to be touched or hurt like I had so long ago....the truth is..I had a bad past back when I was in the ocean..I had lost so much back then..I lost a family member, my eighth tentacle...a lover....

Anyways, Dory and the other fish aboard the truck were cheering for me to go back and that's when I completely lost it.

"Dory, I said NO! I don't want to go back I want to go to Cleveland and that's final!"

"But Hank, don't you think that you would feel more free though if you went back? Plus me and everybody else will be there and we could be just like a big happy family!...I think"

"Dory, I'll be fine by myself plus I will be free once I get to Cleveland and I get my own little exhibit. I understand that you care but if you don't get going now it'll be to late, so go with Becky back to the big blue, ok"

I understand that she wants what's best for me but I know that what's best for me is going to Cleveland so I can live in solitude with no other fishes to bother me or anything.

"You know what Hank, fine. You can go but just know one thing... I may not forget about you but if I do I'll know how to find you again.."

I started moving toward Becky and carefully placed Dory inside the yellow bucket. Dory looked up at me with big and glossy eyes and she said in a almost sad voice.

"Have a good life in Cleveland Hank.."

After she had said that I felt a sudden ping of guilt in all three of my hearts.

"Thank you Dory and I hope you have a good life back in the big blue sea. I'll never forget you kid."

Then, Becky took off with Dory in toll and that was the last time I saw Dory.

But it was also the beginning of my journey to my one and true fate and deep down inside, I hoped that I had made the right choice.

(Well, that was somewhat sad but I promise in the next chapt. It'll be more happy and funny, so stay tuned and let me know in the comments what you think. Peace!)