A Storming Love

*~ |Previously From Chpt. 13| ~*

"Then, don't speak...", he said as he was about to kiss me when all of a sudden..

The lights went out.

                       *~ |Present Time| ~*

"Wha-What happened? What's going on", you thought as you tried looking at Hank through the darkness.

"Hank, are you still there?", you asked and got your answer when you felt one of his tentacles slide into your (L/R) hand.

"Yeah kid. I'm here.", Hank said.

"Good...I wonder why all the lights went out?", you thought to yourself aloud when all of a sudden you saw a huge flash of lightning outside one of the windows of the institute.

*gasp* "Oh no... Not a thunderstorm!", you yelled out as you and Hank surfaced from the water of the giant tank.

"What? It's only a thunderstorm. What's so bad about a thunderstorm, (Y/N)?", Hank asked you when another flash of lightning was seen along with loud thunder.

                  ~ Your P.o.V ~

'Oh no... I can't tell him that I'm afraid of thunderstorms! He'll laugh or leave me if I do!', I thought to myself as I was trying to keep myself calm and occupied by playing with the new necklace around my neck.

'But... If I don't tell him, then I'm only gonna make it worse for my sake...', I thought.

*sigh* 'It's best to tell him now than never...'

"Hank...", I said as we both continued to look at each other the best we could.

"Yes (Y/N)?", he said back to me.

"...If I tell you why I don't like thunderstorms, will you promise me that you won't laugh at me or leave me...?", I said as I was waiting in intense anticipation on what he was going to say.

"(Y/N), look at me...", Hank said as I looked up at him.

"Why would I laugh at YOU?! I mean, look at yourself! You're so (beautiful/gorgeous/handsome/charming/etc.) and so (talented/kind/smart/amazing/etc.)!", Hank said to me as I felt my cheeks go rosy.

"I... I don't know Hank.", I said honestly. "I guess it's just because I don't want to lose you to something that most people wouldn't... or shouldn't... be afraid of or worried about...", I said while looking down in utter shame.

That's when Hank looked up at me completely stunned.

"So... That's it? That's why you don't like thunderstorms?", he asked. "Yes Hank... That's it... I'm scared of thunderstorms and I've been scared of them ever since I was a little (girl/boy)...", I said still looking down in shame.

"(Y/N), you don't have to be ashamed by that... I mean there's plenty of people and sea creatures like me that are afraid of thunderstorms.", Hank said, trying to make me feel better.

"I know and I understand that... But, I just feel completely stupid to be afraid of such a thing like that!", I said as I had punched the water of his tank out of frustration.