Ch. 1 Parent's Death

You ever had one of those days where you wish that it could have gone completely different?

Well, for me, that was pretty much every day of my life.

Now, before we get started, I would like you to know more about me.

First off, my name is Elijah Samson, and I am 16 years old.

I have a brother named Anthony, and a sister named Margaret.

I am the oldest out of the three.

I have, or, actually, had, a wonderful mom and dad.

Before I get into that, I'm going to explain my story.

When I was born, a scientist named Dr. John Watson, injected me with a serum called SS457.

I wasn't breathing when I was born, so, with my parent's consent, John had taken me back to his lab to try and revive me.

The serum was very experimental, as it was one that he himself designed.

It was meant to increase a person's health tenfold, making the person live longer, healthier, etc.

However, it developed a very unintentional side effect; it gave me powers.

From watching most superhero movies and tv shows, the three basic powers of most superheroes are Super Strength, super speed, and enhanced healing.

However, with those three, it gave me two more; camouflage and flight.

Unfortunately, that doesn't mean that it didn't have its limits. For example, one time in 5th grade, I was playing on the playground, more specifically, the monkey bars, when, out of nowhere, I started to feel very light-headed, and I dropped down. That was the last thing I remembered before I passed out.

I woke up, suddenly, with my mom and dad in front of me. I seemed to be laying in a hospital bed. The room must have been one of Holland Hospital's beds because just outside the door was a sign that said
"Making the city of Holland, MI a better place.
Holland Hospital: the hospital that saves."

Classy Holland Hospital. This hospital is my family hospital. It has been for as long as I can remember.

When I awoke, automatically, you knew that my parents were hysterical.

"You okay? Do you need anything? You feeling alright?", mom and dad said simultaneously.

Anthony, my brother; 8 at the time, and Margaret, my sister; 7 at the time, were sitting outside the door. Mom and Dad told them to come inside, but Anthony and Margaret both refused.

Dad was getting angry, but he tried to keep his voice down.

"Get in this hospital room right now", dad said, angry. "Before I spank you in front of all these people."

Because they were trying not to get in trouble, both of them reluctantly came in, trying to hide something. You could tell because of the way they were walking. Automatically, you know that mom saw that something was up, so she simply said "What are you two hiding in your pockets?

They tried to pass it off. They said, "We're just cold. Our hands were freezing, so we put our hands in our pockets."

Then mom tried a different approach.

"Okay then. Why are you two walking like that?"

"Like what? This is how we walk."

By then, you could tell mom was getting worried.

"If y'all do not tell me what going on, I won't be able to help."

After that, my brother and sister felt bad, so they made sure that no one else was looking, and took out their pockets. Both my mom and dad were shocked to see a piece of the bench in both of their hands. By piece, I mean almost a full handle for each of them.