Ch. 9 The Portal

"What kind of powers?", Stephen asked before Robin shot a lightning bolt up in the sky.

"That answer your question?", I muttered, before walking inside and sitting on the couch.

Robin came in shortly after me, looking concerned, and sat beside me.

"You know, it really isn't your fault, Elijah.", She stated.

"If I had been there, he wouldn't have been able to take you.", I replied, putting my head on my arms, which I crossed, and put them on my knees.

"I understand where you're coming from, but I can take care of myself.", she defended.

"Yea, until you get yourself killed.", I muttered.

"Hey, I'm fine. Better than fine, actually.", she stated. "I mean, I've been wanting this for a while.", she added, making me pick my head up, and look at her.

"You wanted this?", I asked, confused. "Why in the world would you want this?".

What she said next was so shocking that it made me stay silent for the remainder of the night.

"For you.", she stated. "You always act like you have the weight of the world on your shoulders, and you shouldn't. You should have help, and, unfortunately, Anthony is on the opposing side, so you need help. I don't want you to do this alone.", she explained, ending with putting her hand on my back, rubbing it.

Then, Aunt Lucy came in and talked with us, well, Robin, mostly, about what we were going to do.

Robin suggested that she become a superhero, more specifically, my sidekick, but me and Aunt Lucy both knew that that wasn't a good idea, unless...

Aunt Lucy must've had the same idea I did because she stated "Okay, Robin. I'll make you a deal. If you go through SHO's training, and you prove to both of us that you'll have no problems with your powers, then Elijah, Nick, and I will consider your request.".

SHO's greatest superheroes actually trained there, such as Shadow Fly, DJ, and others, so Robin's in good hands.

I'm just worried that she's going to get herself hurt or worse.

However, I'm just going to have to suck it up and allow her to do this.

As long as she doesn't pick something revealing as her outfit.

I mean, before she changed hers, Supergirl was getting unwanted attention, so she changed it.

I mean, it is her choice, but I'm hoping that her cheerleader side doesn't come out during her costume selection, due to her cheerleading outfit being revealing, just like the cheerios' uniforms in season 5 of Glee.

It's almost the exact design, but it says "Dutch" instead of "WMHS".(If some of my readers are from Holland High, I know the outfits aren't the same, but you never know what might change in 3-4 years)

Anyway, Robin agreed to Aunt Lucy's terms, and she went upstairs to go to bed.

Before I could, however, Aunt Lucy stopped me by saying "You know, Elijah, I don't blame you for what happened with Robin. It wasn't your fault. However, because of this, I'm calling SHO and making sure that they can take care of things out there while you go to school tomorrow because I don't want to have you failing school because you're saving the world. Even superheroes need breaks, sometimes.".

I just nodded my head and went to my room upstairs.

I instantly fell asleep as I laid down.

Time Skip - Eight Hours Later
I awoke to the smell of toast, eggs, and bacon.