Ch. 11 The Final Battle

"I just don't see what the big deal is.", Margaret argued.

Margaret and I were arguing about something that I've already made up my mind about.

"For the last time, I don't need any help.", I argued.

"John is behind Anthony's movements. He will not take it easy on you.".

"That's exactly why I don't want the help. I'm the oldest, and I can take it.".

"Do you have a death wish?", she asked.

"No, but I'm the only one who can do this.", I stated.

"Actually, no, you're not.", I heard behind me.

Robin, then, emerged from the kitchen door, leading through the living room.

"Seriously, you too?", I asked, annoyed.

"You can't take on John and his minions by yourself, Elijah. No matter how much you consider yourself Superman.".

"Okay, I get it, okay?", I finally stated. "I know that I can't take all of them. I'm not stupid."

"Then, why do you want to fight them by yourself?", they both asked.

"Do you guys even have to ask that question? I lost my parents, on my birthday, no less, and both my siblings fell into comas. In an instant, I lost half of my family. So, as I said, I'll go alone.", I explained, my voice breaking at the end.

Then, I super-sped out of the room, tearing up, ran upstairs, and got dressed.

I'm sorry, I thought. It's the only way.

I flew out of my window and flew to the warehouse.

I landed silently and started to scan the area.

I could hear John talking with a man, and it was getting heated.

"... I don't care what you do, you make sure he doesn't get 100 feet of this warehouse.", John stated, angry.

"Yes, sir.", the other guy replied.

Then, I heard footsteps coming out of the warehouse, so I flexed, turning myself invisible.

I, then, saw a man with an average build, and tattoos all over his body.

Still flexing, I snuck into the warehouse and saw John, surrounded by thugs.

"Okay, boys. This is what we've been training for.", John stated, pacing back and forth." For the past week and a half, this "Quantum" has been taking you guys out. That's why you don't see Colossal anywhere. He took him to them, the heroes. The heroes who put you in prison. Well, I say we put the heroes in prison. With Project Super, we can finally do the one thing that villains have never done; win. So, who's with me?!! Who's ready to finally win?!!", he finished shouting at the end.

Everyone in the room started to chant "John, John, John...."

All I was thinking was What the heck was Project Super?

Then, John dismissed everyone and went to the back of the warehouse.

At this point, I was so tired from flexing, I had to use Mind-trick's telekinesis to keep myself invisible.

Ah, much better, I thought.

I, then, walked forward, silently, towards the back of the warehouse.

I saw John sitting in front of a desk, going through papers.

Holding my breath, I walked behind to see the papers he was looking at.