Ch. 7 The Kidnapping

When I got where the screaming came from, I was shocked at what I saw.

A Bane-like man, probably weighing 600-700 pounds, folding a car in two.

"Well, what now?", I asked, looking at my three helpers.

"You could try being a hero, and rescue that family over there.", Bradley stated, slyly.

"Be right back.", I stated, before super-speeding over to where the family was.

"It's going to be okay.", I stated before I started to lift up the little girl first, but then the girl started to scream.

Next thing I knew, the girl had fallen into her parents' arms, and I was thrown backward.

It felt like I went through 2 buildings, then impacted into a car.

As I got up, I realized my spine was broken, due to the fact that I couldn't move.

So, I used my super speed and strength to merge the two parts of my spine back together.

Well, after 2 seconds of excruciating pain, my back was fixed.

Then, I was pissed.

"Okay. Where are you?", I shouted, angry.

Then, I heard the deepest voice I've ever heard say "Behind you.".

I turned around and was instantly met with a fist.

Before he could hit me again, I moved out of the way, using my super speed.

Then, I got to work.

I punched him in the belly, arm, everywhere.

After 20 seconds of me punching him, he sat up and threw my body through another building, and then I lost it.

I flew up and dove down so fast towards him that when I impacted, I tossed him backward 7-8 feet.

After getting up, I walked over to him, and knocked him out, punching him in the face.

The family that I 'saved' earlier came over to thank me, and asked for my name.

"My name is Quantum.", I stated, in a deep voice, before grabbing Collapser, which is what I'm calling him, and flew to SHO, where a crew of men were waiting.

Since I didn't know where it was, I called DJ, and she told me it was hidden in a Showtime Building on the outskirts of town.

"Careful.", I warned. "He's very strong.".

After they took him to where ever they take their villains, I went to DJ's office, where she was working on papers.

"Hey.", she stated when she saw me.

"Is it always this hard? Taking down bad guys?", I asked, sitting down on the chair in front of her office.

"It can be.", she answered. "Or it can be easy. It all depends on the villain.".

Before I could ask her another question, I received a text from Robin.

Robin: Okay, superhero. Are you coming to school?
Elijah: be right there.

I said goodbye to DJ and flew home.

After about a few seconds of flying, I heard another cry for help.

Okay, I thought. I guess it can't hurt to rescue another person.

So, I flew down, changing into my suit.

When I landed, I went to where the screaming was, and it was a simple purse snatch.

I chuckled at how easy this was and super-sped in front of the purse-snatcher.

He ran straight into me and fell backward.

After he stood up and looked at me, I stated: "You know, it's not nice to steal."

He handed me the purse and ran off.

I returned to the woman and gave her her purse back.

"Oh, thank you so much....", she stated, before faltering.

"Quantum.", I replied.

"Quantum....", she stated.

After I made sure that she was okay, I super-sped to my high school, hoping I wasn't late to class.

As soon as I got to the campus, I heard another scream coming from downtown.

It's going to be a long day, I thought, before super-speeding into the city.

---Time Skip- Two hours later
After 5 purse snatches and 4 muggings, I finally finished with the city.

I super-sped home and crashed on my bed.

As if on cue, I heard the phone ring.

What now, I thought, before I remembered.

I skipped school, I scolded myself.

Then, with resistance from my body, I went downstairs, where Aunt Lucy was waiting, crying.

"Aunt Lucy, what's wrong?", I asked, worried.

"Robin... She's been kidnapped... By John.", she got out while crying.

I had to sit down when I heard that.

"What about Stephen?", I asked, tearing up.

"He's fine. He's driving home as we speak.", she replied, dabbing her eyes with a tissue.

I stood up and stated "I'll be right back. Stay here.".

"Where are you going?", she asked, sniffling.

"To see an old friend.".
______________________________________
Humphrey here. Finally finished this chapter after 1 and a half months. Hope you guys enjoy. Humphrey out.