First words

The next day was nothing but gloomy and dull. Winry sat little Ethan down in his chair and tried to feed him his medicine. A dark green, thick substance in a glass bottle. Ethan cried and squirmed, avoiding the teaspoon of crap with all his might. Edward could see why he avoided it, Ed could smell the substance from the other side of the table. It smelled worse than milk.

"Hmmm come on Ethan, you need it to get better" Winry tried to persuade. But her efforts were to no avail. So Edward gave it a try.

"Here women give me a go" He said, taking the spoon from Winry and kneeling in front of the baby.

"Here comes the airplane, Wooo" Edward sang.

Ethan frowned and grabbed the spoon in his little hand.

And threw it at Edward face.

Winry burst into hysterics, laughing so hard she feel over. Even Alphonse was holding his stomach from the laughs.

Edwards face turned red. Ethan poked his little tongue out and giggled too. Ed could only walk away in shame.

Granny Pinako walked into the kitchen and witnessed the scene. She shook her head, taking a puff of her pipe. "Looks like I'm going to have to do this myself"

So the old lady took the medicine bottle and poured a little onto the spoon, proceeding to shove the spoon into Ethan's mouth before he could protest. The little boy swallowed the goo and frowned in disgust.

"There you go, all done" Pinako said as she placed the spoon into the sink. Winry pulled herself up and thanked Granny. "So Ethan how about a bubble bath?" Winry said with excitement. Ethan giggled and threw his hands up with joy. So Winry lifted the little child up and started heading to the bathroom, but Edward cut in.

"How about we both bath him?" Edward suggested kinda awkwardly. Winry was about to laugh at the suggestion, until she realised something; Edward felt left out. He didn't get to spend much time with Ethan at all, Winry was always with him. Edward must have felt useless.

"Well of course you can Ed" she smiled. Edward was taken a back by her response. But he smiled proudly and took the lead to the bathroom, feeling very proud of himself. Winry rolled her eyes and followed on behind.

.........................

Edward twisted the taps and watched the warm water pour into the tin tub, adding in a bottle of purple bath bubble liquid to make the experience more enjoyable for Ethan. It was Ethan's first big bath, besides the sink. And he was very excited.

Edward finished filling the bath and clapped his hands together. "Alrighty, who's hopping in first?" Edward asked. Turning around to find an undressed Winry handing the baby to Edward. Ed was speechless of course.

"Uh o-okai" he stuttered. Ethan giggled and sucked on his fingers.

Such a simple life.

Winry sat down delicately into the warm bubbly water. Watching Edward undress Ethan and place him into Winrys arms, she cradled him on her lap and watched him clap his arms around in the water. He giggled enthusiastically, looking up at Winry who kissed his forehead. Edward kneeled down besides the tub and grabbed a rubber ducky from the bench, passing it to Ethan.

"He likes the tub" Winry smiled.

"Yea he's enjoying it a much as I would be" Edward smirked. Winry just rolled her eyes at the blond. "I wonder what his first words will be" she asked.

"Well of course it will be daddy" Ed replied proudly. Winry glared at Edward and shook her head.

"No it will be 'mummy' he spends more time with me" Winry argued.

Edward started to get frustrated. "Well that's because you've always got him" he retaliated.

"I do not!" She yelled.

The two lovers glared at each other until they heard a small voice.

"Den! "Den!"

Edward and Winry looked down at Ethan, who was pointing at a muddy Den shaking dirt of himself in the doorway.

Winry was shocked. Who would have gussed?

"Ha! It wasn't mummy!" Edward said proudly.

Winry sighed at his immaturity. "Well it wasn't 'daddy' either." Winry kissed Ethan on the cheek and praised him for his first word.

Den.