Twelve - "You go for cars and gold and I just kill you"

-Erin- 

"I never asked last night Ashton, but how was your show?" I asked sitting between him and Calum on the sofa. Luke and Calum were playing GTA against each other. However gruesome the game was I was really into it. 

"It was really good thanks! Not many shows left here though. We've got two again tomorrow" He said smiling at me. 

"That's good, I'll come to them tomorrow" I patted him on the back and tried to leave what was a reasonable amount of time before asking if I could play grand theft auto next. 

"Sure you can take my place" Calum said darting out of the room. 

I followed Luke's character on the screen, he didn't realise until I came behind him with a machine gun and shot him in the back seven times. 

"Oh I hate playing you in this Erin" Luke groaned throwing his remote down.

"That's because I always win, you go for cars and gold and I just kill you and take whatever you earned. Easy" I grinned.

"That's not the way your supposed to play" He laughed shaking his head. 

"Okay well I'm going to go" Ashton said getting up. 

"No wait" Luke said. Ashton paused before sitting back down. "I have a question" 

"Yes?" 

"About your relationship..." 

"Erm okay" I said looking from Luke to Ashton. 

"It's nothing big, just something random" Luke shrugged playing with the buttons on his ps3 remote. 

"Yes?" Ashton said warily coming a little closer to me.

"It's just that..." Luke trailed off looking away. 

"Luke just tell us" I demanded. 

"I've never seen the two of you kiss each other" Luke stared straight at me when he said it. 

"Well of course we kiss" I said looking hard back at him. 

"But you know" Ashton carried on. "We don't do it that much in public, with PDA and all we aren't big fans of that" He shrugged as if that was the case. 

"So you do?" 

"Sure" I nodded. 

"That's not a very definite answer?" Luke asked. 

"Luke what do you want us to do video us the next time we kiss?" Ashton said and I looked at him wide eyed.

"No no you don't need to do that, just kiss now" Luke smiled a little glancing back over at me. 

Why is he doing this? Surely he doesn't want us to kiss?

"Fine" Ashton said and turned to face me. 

I mouthed 'what?' To Ashton and he shrugged nodding, as if to say just do it. 

I could feel Luke's eyes on me constantly. Ashton leaned forward licking his lips. I closed my eyes and within seconds Ashton's lips were on mine. 

There was....

Something.

Something small, but there was no denying there was something there. 

I pulled away and immediately stood up and left. I knew the two of them were watching me but I couldn't talk to either of them after that. 

Not after I felt something. 

--

I woke up excited this morning. I wasn't sure what for though. I was watching the boys perform again today.

I wandered into the kitchen where Michael, Luke, Calum and Sophia were sitting having breakfast.

"Bit early for you boys to be up" I grinned sliding into one of the chairs pouring myself a bowl of curiously cinnamon. 

"You're in a better mood today" Luke said moodily. Everyone in the room including me looked at him. He grunted and turned back to his food hunching his shoulders. 

"We have a show that starts at 12:30" Calum said still looking wearily at Luke. "Saying that, we should probably head for sound check. See you two later?" He nodded leaving the room, Michael and Luke following after.

"Well that wasn't awkward" I said rolling my eyes. 

Why does Luke get so worked up about these things?

"You kissed Ashton" Sophia said. 

"What?!" 

"I thought this was some plan to get Luke?" She said harshly. 

"It is a plan, Luke asked us to kiss" I said.

"What?" She breathed out. "That's.....bizarre"

"Well he is a bit bizarre" I scoffed. 

"So?"

"Yeah?" 

"What was it like....you know....kissing Ashton?" 

I froze. I shouldn't tell her. 

"Nothing special" I lied. 

"Really?" 

No

"Yeah" I shrugged not looking at her. 

"That's a shame" She sighed. "Come on we should go get ready for the first show" 

---

-Luke-

Shows always out me in such good moods. 

I love seeing everyone watching us, cheering and smiling and singing along just that alone can clear my mind. 

I don't know, I just got so upset seeing Erin and Ashton kiss. I know I asked it but I wasn't sure it would actually happen. Their relationship is so weird, so different, it's like it's not real. 

My relationship. 

With Hope. I hardly think it classifies as a relationship anymore. 

I never see her. We never text. When we are together conversation is dry. She always wants to be elsewhere.

"Luke!" Ashton said as if he were surprised to see me. "Where...are you going?" 

"Where we always go after shows, to our room...?" I said. 

"Oh, I think they're doing some painting or something in our dressing room. But one direction said we could use theirs. Calum and Michael are just about to head there" Ashton nodded pointing awkwardly in the direction of their room. 

"Are you sure?" I said. "You sound confused. Is this a prank?" 

"No no, no prank. Just trying to be helpful" He said smiling. "I'm going to go see Erin now" He said and brushed past me. 

Okay.

That was odd. 

I walked past our dressing room and straight towards one directions. I hope there is no prank in here. 

Mainly because that means I have to prank them back and my ideas are rubbish. 

I laughed to myself and pushed the door open. 

"Come on Zayn, just kiss me, Luke won't care" Hope said following Zayn around the dressing room. 

"Hope no, I don't want to kiss you, and even if I did it would be wrong. I like Luke and I think you should too" Zayn said firmly. 

"Oh come on, I haven't liked Luke for weeks now. I'm only here so I can see you" She said pathetically. 

"Hope I think you should leave" Zayn said. 

"Not until I get my kiss!" Hope said flirting. 

"No Hope" I stepped into the room properly. "I really think you should leave" Both Zayn and Hope turned to face me. 

Zayn looked apologetic whilst Hope stood strong her hand on her hip. She walked up towards me and stood in front of me. I was quite a bit taller then her. 

"Leave, now" I said. She did a quick fake smile towards me before leaving the changing room. I hope that is the last time I see her. 

"Man, I'm sorry Luke. I don't know how much of that you heard but I didn't let anything happen, I wouldn't" Zayn said. 

"Oh no, I heard. It's okay" I smiled weakly. 

"I'm sorry bro" He said. 

"It's cool, I need to go and talk to somebody though" 

---

I took a deep breath. What if she didn't want to speak to me. I was rude to her this morning. 

But I have to try.

I'll regret it if I don't. 

I pushed open the door to the girls room. Erin sat on her bed playing on her phone. 

"Luke!" She looked flustered as I came in. I pulled my hand through my hair. I must look a mess. 

"I...I...I'm sorry...I shouldn't be here...it's just..." I shook my head. 

"What's wrong?" She asked and I sat down next to her. 

"I ended it with Hope" I said nodding pressing my lips together. 

"I'm sorry" She said putting her hand on my back. I almost jumped feeling her touch me. 

"No. Don't be. I needed to" 

"W..what happened?" She asked. 

"I could tell it was going nowhere then I saw her trying to do something with Zayn. Of course Zayn didn't let anything happen but you know, she still tried" He shrugged. 

"Oh, I'm really sorry Luke" 

"Erin I was angry with you" Why did I just say that. 

"Oh, sorry" 

"I was so angry with you" I stood up and faced her directly. She didn't look at me. "I don't even know why"

I walked away pulling my hair again. 

"I just" I paused she looked up at me. "I just get so angry" She licked her lips. She looked a little afraid. "I get angry when I see you with Ashton" I walked back towards her. "And I know it's crazy and I shouldn't. Your my best friend. He's my best friend. He's my band mate. But" 

No I can't say that.

It's too soon. 

"I like you Erin. I like you a lot" 

She stared at me, not saying anything. I could feel my eyes starting to water. 

"I'm going to kiss you now okay?" I said. 

"Okay" She said and wrapped her arms around me. I pushed my lips against hers. 

This felt good.

This felt right. 

I felt free. 

I want her so badly. 

I need her.