Thirty Seven - "I would do anything for you." -THE LAST ONE

** im so emotional right now, cant believe this is the last chapter :’(. Anyway quick shoutout before I start to maggie5sauce1d everyone go and read her stories. Hope you enjoy this chapter!**

-Erin- 

"You ready?" I asked Josie as we both wheeled our bags into the airport. It was around seven in the morning, Josie and I had snuck out at around 6 as none of the boys were awake by then.

"No, but let's do this any way." She sighed. As far as I am aware only Calum knows about us leaving, and that was a mistake.

"Did you tell Michael?" I asked and she nodded. Okay well Michael knows too then.  

"He says that it can't be for long." She said and I had to suppress a laugh, she may go back but I'm not. "Did you tell the others?" She asked. I bit my lip.

"Uhm, yeah." I said. "Sorta." I shrugged. "Let's just get through quickly. I don't want to talk about it." I said and she nodded, it was obvious I was lying and I know that she knew I hadn’t told them.

Well I had, just they didn’t know yet. They would soon…hopefully.

We waited in silence, the queue wasn't that long and so minutes later I was dragging my bag towards the check in.

Whilst the man tagged my bag and boarding pass I felt my phone vibrate. 

'Hey! Don't know if you're up yet but good morning :)' from Luke. 

I sighed and felt pained to delete the message without replying to it.

This is the decision you have made.

--

-Ashton- 

Waiting is possibly the worst part of fast food. They call it fast food yet it takes at least two minutes for me to be given my food and that is just not fast enough for me. 

A tray was placed in front of me and I took it preparing to turn to walk over the table where the other boys were sitting. 

"Hey what are you doing?" I sighed and looked at the person who was speaking. 

"What?" I asked angrily just wanting to sit down and have my food.

"That's my food!" Well it was a girl. The kind of girl you would imagine from her appearance to be quiet and reserved. But clearly from the way she's talking to me she's not. 

"I think you'll find that I ordered this." I said picking up the tray. 

"So you got a veggie wrap with fanta and extra chips because I don't remember you asking for that when you ordered." She stuck her hand on her hip.

"Ew." I said giving her the food. "Why would you get a veggie wrap? There is like so much other nice food to order, and Fanta is disgusting.”

"Maybe because I'm a vegetarian?" She laughed. “And no it is not.”

"But you ordered after me how comes your food came before mine?" 

"I don't know I don't work here." She said beginning to turn around. 

"Hey wait!" I said grabbing her arm. 

"What?"

"I'm sorry about taking your food." I said suddenly feeling a little shy. 

"Don't worry, just don't do it again okay?" She said and I nodded. 

"Wait you're British?" She rolled her eyes.

"Yeah and you're Australian."

"Why are you here?" 

"Because I'm on my summer holiday? Is that not allowed?" She laughed again. 

"No no it is." I didn't speak for a minute and this is the first time she didn't try and walk away. "I'm Ashton." 

"I'm Bella." She said smiling now. Wow she has a pretty smile. Are her teeth naturally straight or did she have braces? Wait that’s really weird.

"Can I get your number Bella?" 

"I wouldn't normally give out my number to a random boy I met in McDonalds but you may need a reminder every now and then to not take somebody else's meal." 

"How long are you going to go on about that for?" I asked handing her my phone. 

"A couple more years?" She said and I couldn't help but smile. "I'll see you around yeah?" 

"Yeah see you." I said. Noticing that I was holding my breath. 

I slowly walked back to the table with the boys holding the correct tray of food. 

"You took a long time." Calum said filling his mouth with fries. 

"Yeah." I breathed heavily. "Fast food isn't as fast as you think it is." I said looking over to where Bella was sitting with a bunch of girls around her age. 

There is something about her. 

-Erin-

I turned to look at Josie fast asleep. Two hour delay. Which is not in my favour. I just want to get out of here before I regret my decision even more. I wish I could talk to Josie about what I had done to Luke and Ashton. What I had left them with. Thinking about it now, myself makes me feel horrible. It shows how pathetic and how afraid I am. I just hope that they forgive me. 

-Luke- 

"Anybody seen Erin?" I asked as we arrived back at our hotel. "Michael do you know if she's with Josie?" Michael and Calum exchanged a quick glance before they both shook their heads. 

Where is she?

I haven't seen her all morning, well since last night actually. I texted her but she never replied. 

"Well do you know were Josie is then?" I could see if Josie knows where she is. Again Michael shook his head, he looked different, he looked...sad.

"She's probably gone swimming or the spa or something, just look for her, or text her." Calum said patting my on my back. 

He's right. I've just got to look for her. I mean she can't have gone far? I'll just check every possible place she could be. 

- Ashton- 

I can't stop thinking about her. 

Bella. 

Why hasn't she texted me yet? I don't have her number she only has mine. What if she never texts me and I never see her again? 

What is it about her? I walked into my room and collapse onto my bed my phone lying on my chest. 

I closed my eyes and exhaled deeply. Whilst turning over I heard a crumpling noise and my eyes slid open. I was lying on top of a piece of paper, folded once. 

Ashton. Was the only word written on the front in Erin's handwriting. Shit, Erin. I had forgotten about Erin. 

I opened the paper. 

'Dear Ashton,

Can I just start by apologising? Because you deserve all the apologies in the world. You deserve the best and that is not me. I've played you and messed you around so much and I've treated you so badly. 

I can't count how many times you have done something for me and I can remember a single time I have done something for you, that just shows the relationship we have. I will never treat you right. You treat me perfectly, but I know you will treat somebody else perfectly too

When I signed up to do this jealousy thing on Luke I never even considered falling for you, and I know it caused a hell of a lot of problems I do not regret it one bit. 

This is my apology but also my get out of jail free card. I have made you wait for so long and pulled you along with me and although I don't know if this is the outcome you wanted but you can now do anything you want and you don't have to worry about me. I'm sorry that I have treated you so badly and I hope that you can forgive me. Not just for messing about with you but also because I am leaving. 

Josie and I decided that we are going back to Australia so we do not act as a disturbance to you boys anymore. You have done me so proud how big and famous you have become but I don't want to be the person who brings you down after a great show. Our flight is today which is why you won't see us. 

Thank you for everything Ashton. But also sorry for everything.

I love you, 
Erin.' 

What. 

I don't understand. 

I understand her message, her apology, her leaving, I don't understand myself. 

Why am I not devastated? Why don't I feel like crying? I just feel numb. Numb with no feelings, I don't seem to care. Maybe I knew this would happen? 

I don't know, but I can't help but feel like it has something to do with the extraordinary girl I met today. She puzzles me how I can't get my mind off her and her personality. 

Did Erin say yes to Luke then? Or did she reject us both because she is leaving? Right now I don't care. Don’t get me wrong I want to see Erin. I want to tell her I forgive her and for us to be friends, just like we were a few months ago. Nothing more than friends. That's how it should be. 

'Hey it's Bella ;)' My phone flashed up with a message and I swear my stomach did about fifty flips. 

Is it bad that one message from this girl can make me forget about Erin? And her note? 

---

-Erin- 

"How long left?" Josie said breaking off little pieces of her muffin and putting them into her mouth. 

"An hour and fifteen minutes." I sighed checking the board again. "Feels like we've been here for five years." 

"Yeah I know." 

"I feel like the longer we are here for the more chance we have of the boys coming and trying to stop us. We just need to get out, before..." Before Luke and Ashton read their 'notes'. 

I know one of them will try and stop us. 

---
-Luke- 

Not the pool. 

Not the spa. 

Not the dining room. 

Her phones off. 

Nobody knows where she is. 

Her room is silent. 

Josie is missing too. 

Even the one direction boys haven't heard from her. 

"Erin where are you?" I groaned sitting down in the elevator. It slowly opened at my floor but I didn't have enough energy to get up. 

I don't even know why I was looking for Erin. I didn't have anything to tell her I just wanted to...be with her? To make sure she was okay, that's all I wanted. I like her comfort, and holding her hand, and playing with her hair. I just lik-

"Hey man what's up?" Calum said stepping into the lift breaking my train of thought.

"I can't find Erin." I said sadly. His face changed briefly but then recomposed to as it was before.

"Have you looked everywhere?" 

"Everywhere you said, everywhere I can think. Josie's gone, the one direction boys have no idea. Michael doesn't seem to care either." I sighed. The doors slid shut. I was supposed to get out there but I suppose it's too late for that. 

"She hasn't left the hotel has she?" 

"To go where? I thought she would tell me wouldn't she?" I asked and Calum shrugged but he looked slightly pained. "I don't know what to do." 

"Maybe you should sleep, you look exhausted. And when you wake up she could have returned from wherever she may be." Calum forced a smile.

"Yeah maybe."

"Maybe." Calum repeated but very quietly. 

The doors opened on the bottom floor. Ashton appeared there, panting. 

"Luke!" He shouted.

"Nice to see you too Ashton." Calum smiled stepping out. 

"You need to go up to your room." Ashton demanded. 

"What why?" 

"Erin-"

"Erin what?" 

"She left you a-"

"Left me a what?" 

"Stop interrupting me!" He shouted. "There's a letter." 

I didn't need to hear anything else. I pushed him out the way.
The lift was too slow for me, I sprinted up the stairs taking them two at a time. I fumbled with the key in the door until it finally opened. 

I ran into my room and on my bed, sure enough, was a slip of paper. 

"Shit Erin." I said and picked it up. 

'Luke,