Thirteen - "So this house is haunted?"

-Erin-

"I'm so bored I think I could kill myself" Luke moaned sitting on the chair in my room.

"Fine" I muttered reading a magazine I found in the foyer downstairs.

"Erin!" Luke shouted and I looked up. "At least pretend to care!"

"I do care. About the current affairs in New York" I laughed looking down at my magazine again.

"Is there anything interesting in there?" He asked looking over my shoulder.

"No" I said moving away.

"Come on there must be" Luke whined. Calum walked into my room.

"Have you seem Sophia or Josie?" He asked looking from Luke to me. I shook my head.

"No why?" Luke asked.

"We're playing hide and seek and they are very good hiders" Calum chuckled.

"Oh can I play!" Luke asked getting up.

"Err, no sorry Lukey" Calum smiled sympathetically but then left my room.

Luke sighed. "Erin?"

"Yes"

"Can we do something"

"I am doing something"

"Something together"

"Like what?"

"I don't know. Is there anything in your magazine we could go and see, something interesting?"

"Actually" I said flicking a few pages back. "There is something here"

"Great! I don't care what it is, you are taking me there today" He smiled. "I'm going to go and shower."

--

"So this house is haunted?" Luke asked as we stood on the path in front of a White House. The house was turning orange, the window frames were broken and one of them hung from its hinge.

The grass in front of the house was over grown and yellow. The tiles on the roof were cracked and falling, a pile of white wood planks lay in a messy pile on top of each other. Through the window you could see an empty room with a dark cold fireplace.

It looked haunted, everything except the door. Which was perfectly normal. A large wooden frame door with a polished gold knocker, and an shining letter box.

It looked almost....inviting?

"Yeah. I read about this" I finally replied. "Apparently it's haunted but any house that people haven't lived in for years is just given the title 'haunted'" I laughed with a funny feeling in my stomach.

"That door doesn't look old" Luke said cautiously.

"Maybe they're trying to make it look better so people buy it, they just started with the door"

"I doubt that..." Luke said quietly. "So are we going in?"

"Only if you want to" I said not wanting to go in at all.

"No no it's your choice" Luke said.

"Luke, you asked me to take you somewhere interesting. I found this house in a magazine and I took you here. Do you want to go in or not?"

"Yes" Luke said and started progressing down the path. Thick moss and broken concrete was all we stood on.

Luke knocked on the front door and stood back a second. There was no reply. So he knocked again.

"Nobody lives here!" I said to him.

"But you never know, if somebody does live here they will not be happy for you to walk into their house" Luke said knocking a third time. No reply. "We can go in now" He pushed gently and the large, wooden door swung open with ease. The front room was hollow with a staircase right in the centre. The whole house looked grey on the inside.

We stepped into the room and the door slammed tightly begging us. The echoing bang made Luke grab for my hand. He grasped my hand entwining our fingers.

"I think we should go" Luke said. A sudden creak came from the ceiling. Luke and I looked up. Something was moving up there, causing the floorboards to moan.

A rattling of something came from our left. A rat scuttled across the empty floor boards narrowly missing our feet.

Another creak came from upstairs.

"I think we should go" Luke whispered again squeezing my hand.

"Come on" I said pulling his hand out of the front room. We walked into what must have been a kitchen. The floor was stained and it smelt of gas. A hob that sat in the corner of the room kept clicking randomly. Small sparks coming out of it.

"Look Luke. It's like a 'ghost' is trying to turn the flame on"

"Stop it Erin" He whimpered. "I'm really scared"

We carried on into the next room. I froze in the door way. The room was small. Dark. There were pictures. Hundreds of small pictures of boys and girls, and men and women, children and babies all in shots, in black and white. Somebody had gone over some of them with a red marker drawing crosses over their faces. Some of their eyes had been scratched out and hundreds of them lay strewn across the floor near a small lamp in the back corner.

"What....the...fuck...is this?" Luke shuddered. "Erin. We. Have. To. Get. Out. Now" He ordered, a shadow flickered at the back of the room. Someone was in there.
I nodded and he pulled my hand. Something or someone was banging in the walls. Luke ran through the kitchen and into the hall. The creeping from upstairs was getting quicker and louder.

Luke fumbled with the door latch. The noises behind us were getting closer and louder. I didn't want to turn around incase there was somebody there.

The door swung open and everything was silent.

The house almost fell back exhausted. Luke and I stood on the porch breathing heavily. I looked at him, his face full of terror and relief. He glanced at me and put his arm around my shoulders.

"Next time you want to take me somewhere 'interesting' tell me what it is first" He said tired. Then we both started to laugh.

--

"It's debatable you know, like I've loved her for years. I have all her albums and I know most of her pre famous songs. But would I shag her? That is a question Ashton"

"It's not debatable, your a girl, she's a girl and she's Taylor Swift" Ashton rolled his eyes as we walked down the corridor of the hotel together.

"Just because we're both girls doesn't mean I wouldn't get down with her" I sniggered. "And also just because everyone here doesn't mention her because of the whole.....haylor...... thing. Doesn't mean I have to"

"Okay, fine next one then. Brad Simpson shag or no shag?"

"Is there even a question, shag!" I shouted. We turned the corner of the hotel and literally ran into Luke.

"What's going on?" Luke asked looking quickly between Ashton and I. I looked at Luke, remembering this morning when he was clinging my hand as if it was the only thing left in the world.

"We're talking about shagging" I said almost laughing.

"Each other" Ashton said casually shrugging. "And as you hear moments ago Miss Thomas would totally shag me" He smiled pulling me by my sleeve past Luke and into the lift.

I looked at Luke's face before the doors shut. His innocent, cute, face.

Wait, ewe, cute....?

Luke's not cute.

He's erm....handsome.

I think.

"Why did you say that?!"

"You may be certain that Luke likes you-"

"I am he told me" I said firmly.

"But that doesn't stop me from messing with him" Ashton giggled ruffling my hair. "Loosen up Erin, I'm sure he knows I'm joking"

"Because the wide open mouth and surprised look really shows that doesn't it?" I said shaking my head.

**yaaaaaaay broke up for half term today!!! This chapter was so random! But my friend and I were telling each other scary stories and it originated from that! i actually scared myself writing it! also ironic how the chapter number is 13 and it's scary.......

Thanks for all the amazing comments and all the votes and those of you who have sent me messages I'm replying to them now! Thank you all again, anabellefreedom**