Twenty Eight - "Luke Hemmings, you're a genius"

-Luke-

I pulled down the metal hatch, the sliding caused a huge noise. Erin started to giggle and I hushed her.

"Almost there." I whispered holding my hand in front of her eyes. The hatch swung open and the cold air rushed into the building. I climbed out first then, still covering Erin's eyes, helped her out.

"Can I look now?" She asked holding my arm gently.

"Just a second." I said pulling her so we were right in the middle of the roof. "You can look now." I said moving my hand away. Her eyes flickered open and her hand lifted to her mouth.

"Wow," She breathed out looking around. I had laid out about two hundred tea lights spread around the roof. Right near the edge of the open space I had spread out a table with two tall candles and a dinner.

Cliche right?

"Luke, this is..." She trailed off.

"That's not the best part." I whispered. "Look up." I watched as she looked up and started smiling. "Like it?"

"Yeah." She said quietly. "It's amazing."

"I know." I grinned. She stayed, staring at the sky for so long, I think she forgot I was there for a bit of it. "Er, Erin?" I said tapping her gently.

"Oh, yeah?" She said looking like she had just been woken up.

"Do you..want to go and eat?" I asked nervously as if this was the first time I had met her, what is going on? I've known this girl most of my life.

"Yes I'm starving I just didn't want to be rude." She admitted laughing.

"Ah I was wondering where the normal Erin was." I smiled pulling her chair out for her.

"Thank you," She said as she sat down. "But no seriously this is amazing and I'm so happy you took me here."

"I wanted to show you it when I first found it, but then I thought to save it for our last night."

"That was a good idea." She started starting to eat the spaghetti on her plate. Yes I know spaghetti isn't very romantic but that's all I can make and well it made me think of the lady and the tramp.

Although I hope I'm not considered a tramp...

She looked around at the city below us as she ate. She looked completely calm and serene, but all I could think about was what her and Michael were up to earlier.

I just had to slip the question in slyly and not make it obvious.

"Are you looking forward to going to America? I know going to England was your first trip away and so I thou-"

"Erin what were you doing with Michael today?" I said interrupting her.

Nice Luke.

Smooth.

"Erm." She laughed. "When?"

"Oh I don't know that mysterious hour and a half you went missing for." I shrugged.

Well you've already asked Luke why not go for the full interrogation.

"Oh, well we were doing that dare." She said laughing nervously and looking away.

"Erin that dare was supposed to last ten seconds." I said sarcastically.

"Luke don't be patronising." She replied in the same sarcastic tone as me.

"I'm not trying to be." I said trying to speak how I normally do. "I just want to know."

"Okay, well, if you must know. Michael and I were part of that prank that happened on stage tonight." She said.