Chapter 0.0: Airplane Mishap

I always despised airplane rides.

It was something about being so high off the ground, and the jerking of the airplane, which made me want to curl in a ball. Before I even entered the airport I knew this was going to happen. The last two times I rode in an airplane I was stuck in the bathroom vomiting acid, until one of the flight attendants helped me calm down.

I had no idea why my stomach suddenly wanted to act like the victim and spit out the breakfast I had this morning. I was feeling perfectly fine, up to the point when the airplane dropped so many feet from the air. The pilot made us buckle our seatbelts until we passed the storm, but it seemed by each ticking minute we weren’t passing it!

My hand lay on my stomach while my other hand gripped tightly onto the seat. The food was sneakily creeping up to the verge of my throat. I clenched my jaw tightly trying my best to keep down my food.

The guy beside me glanced at me worriedly. “Hey, are you okay?” He took off his ear pods and stuffed them inside his jacket.

I nodded. I would have told him something but I was afraid if I spoke I would end up hurling my breakfast on his lap. My nodding didn’t satisfy him though, he picked up the arm rester, and reclined me forward.

“It’s a bit too late to ask this, but can I touch you?” He said awkwardly.

I gave him a crazy look.

“Okay, not like that obviously!” He rolled his eyes.

Of course not! I wasn’t thinking in a perverted way, but what the hell was he planning to do? The plane shook again and this time my stomach cringed. Quickly, I looked at the guy, and gave him permission to do whatever he was planning.

He placed his hand on my back and began to move it circler motion. I felt a bit confused, in what way was this suppose to help me? Suddenly I heard him call over one of the flight attendants, and he asked her for a barf bag.

“You need to breathe threw your nose and exhale through your mouth, that way you’ll feel less nauseas,” I heard him say.

I shook my head. There was no way in hell I was going to open my mouth. I was riding in first class and if I threw up here, I would feel ashamed. The flight attendant came back with the bag and handed it to him.

“Trust me, you won’t throw up I promise, and if you do I’ll have the bag right in front of you,” He said quietly.

I looked at the blue plastic bag then at the guy. I couldn’t really care what these people thought about me, I would never see them again. If I threw up on the guy he wouldn’t see me ever again either. So what did I have to loose?

I placed my hands on my knees positioning myself to throw up if I had too. The guy placed the barf bag in front of me, keeping his other hand circling my back. Slowly I inhaled through my nose, and exhale with my mouth slightly open. At first I did feel like throwing up, but after a few inhales and exhales, the nausea slowly disappeared.