Chapter 0.8: Mind Teasing & Hipster Glasses

Chapter 8

I didn't know my own brother anymore. Since the moment I step foot in Cambridge I realized Zac had changed. He was a trouble maker but never to the extent he put his life in danger! The loving brother I knew wasn't like this. He could define wrong from right. He knew this was going to backfire one day.

We had made it to the ferry a little past midnight. To our luck we managed to get the last ferry towards the next city. Aaron and Zane came inside the car to keep warm. The ride to the next city was a bit long and the temperature outside was only dropping by the hour. I made myself into a small ball, resting my head on the window. I was exhausted. My eyes were still burning from earlier today, and these shoes were killing my feet.

Zac had dozed off as well as Zane. The only one awake now was Aaron and I. From the outside mirror I could see his reflection. He was staring out the window blinking rapidly. At times he would keep his eyes close before sighing heavily.

"Can I ask you something?" I did quietly.

"Go for it," he muttered.

"The pepper spray it hurt your eyes huh?"

He smirked. "Yeah, the spray dissolved my contacts so I'm trying to take out the pieces left of it," He confessed.

"I can help," I suggested.

"Can you?" He stepped out the car and I did too. His eyes were blood shot red. I was surprise he could still see. I made him sit on his motorcycle while I examined his eyes. Aaron wanted to act like the cool kid not caring if he hurt himself.

"Look up," I said. With my index finger and thumb I widen his eye. The small piece of contact left laid perfectly on the side of his eyeball.

"Found it," I whispered.

"How are you going to take it out?" He asked a bit of curiosity lingered on his lips.

I sucked in my bottom lip. I could take it out with my finger but then his eyes would get even more affected. But we weren't playing doctor and we weren't in the situation to look for one, so with out warning I took it out. He jerked away mumbling curse words.

"Damn!" His eyed cried.

I smirked a bit amused. Payback sure was a bitch wasn't it?

"Now for the next one!" I walked towards him.

He shook his head. "I think the other eye is fine!" He tried to get away from me.

Oh no you don't. I grabbed on to his shirt pulling him towards me. He was taken back from my sudden courage. Then I dropped him again on the motorcycle looking for the remaining pieces of contact. After ten minutes of jerking away, acting like a little kid, and almost getting bit by Aaron I took out the last remaining contacts.

Aaron sat there with both of his eyes watering. I felt a little bad for him. When the spray made contact with my eyes the stinging was unbearable, now imagine getting pepper sprayed and getting your contacts dissolved.

"Do you still have the eye wash?" I asked him.

He nodded. He stood up and took out the small bottle of eye wash. Taking it out of his hand I opened it and poured a few drops. I let him sit there for awhile letting the eye wash do it's job before letting him blink. By then his eyes weren't as red as before, but I could still tell they were bothering him.

"I think you shouldn't be driving your motorcycle after we get to the city,"

He looked up frowning. "Why?"

I shrugged. "Maybe it's the fact that your eyes are bothering you and you can't see clearly!" I raised my voice at the last part.

He chuckled. "Regardless if I was able to drive or not, who would take my motorcycle?"