Chapter Nineteen: Something I want

"Okay you two. Remember to wear your coats if you leave the mall at all. It's flippin' freezing outside, and don't forget to meet me back here in 45 minutes"

"Mum we're not little kids. We know what we're doing" Rochelle replied to her anxious mother.

We had just landed at Heathrow airport about an hour ago and were currently waiting for a very delayed Uber. Rochelle's mother, Laina, was letting us explore the airport shopping mall for a while until we could be transported to the right destination by Rochelle's modelling clients. The air smelt like Christmas with only 3 weeks left till the exciting day arrived. My eyes where fixated by the bright DUTY FREE sign of which shone above our heads as my beautiful girlfriend and I walked into the expensive area. Even though everything cost way over how much I wanted to spend in London, I needed to buy Rochelle's Christmas present, urgently. But the problem was, she was glued to my side as we walked through the busy path of the shop, dodging tourists from side to side. Once we emerged into an opening, as if on queue, Rochelle exclaimed she need the toilet.

'Course baby, I'll meet you back here. There's something I want to go buy for Flo for his birthday' I lied, before she turned and headed towards the nearest toilets. Luckily a queue was forming which almost was a sign for '10 minutes to find something Nico'.

My instinct said she wanted some cosmetic substance but I had no idea what girls like to put on their faces. Plus I want to encourage her natural beauty, not some made up layer. Either way she looks stunning but that's not what I'm here to get her. Instead I aimed towards the perfume stand. As I got closer the scent of sugar enter my nostrils. There were hundreds of bright perfume bottles covering about 10 shelves around the portion of the store. I took one of the shelf and proceeded to spray a white sheet with the scent. It smelt of almonds and cocoa butter; something really Christmassy but not something she would use all year round. A mint blue square bottle then caught my eye with the label Marc Jacobs written up the side. Taking it of the shelf, I scanned the price. £30 - it seemed reasonable. After one spray of the liquid, I knew this would be the perfect gift. It smelt of love and memories and gave my a giddy feeling to imagine her wearing it while we make glorious memories in the future to come. I decided on that one.

I had 6 minutes left, perfect. And luckily the line for the till was not too lengthy. I placed myself within the bored customers, excited to purchase this ideal gift. Then something, or someone caught my eye. A girl. I recognised her. She was about 3 people in front of me but she kept turning around and looking at my confused face. I couldn't make out where I knew her from and she was on the phone so it wasn't as if I could talk to her. She spoke with a clear English accent, so she wasn't from Munich. I shook it off though. I was probably mistaking her for some one else. I tried to resume my day dream about Rochelle but I heard something. Something which made me stop. Something which made my heart pound. Something which made my hands start to shake in a nervous state. Something which I did not want to hear.

'Nico's in London Ellie' the recognisable girl spoke.

Ellie. Eleanor Chelsea Parker. My Ellie. That girl was on the phone to one of the most important people in my life. Or was one of them anyway.

I suddenly realised where I recognised the girl from. It was Zoe, Ellie's friend. I had met her on Skype while we were speaking. It seemed so weird to be actually in the same room as someone Ellie Parker knew. In England.

Reality then settled in. Shit, Ellie Parker knows I'm here. She knows I'm in London.

Authors note -

Long time no see ;))