24.

That night I tossed and turned uncomfortably all night long. I kept having the same dream every time I would fall asleep.

I would be standing on top of a grassy hill in the middle of the night. I could see a beautiful woman in the distance. She would turn to me and beckon me with her hands, the wind wrapping her pale green dress around her body, and making her long light brown hair cover her face. She didn't have to do or say anything for me to instantly know she was my mother. I'd try to get closer to her, but every step forward I took, she took one step back. I would open my mouth to call to her and then Stephen would appear at my side, smiling. He'd wave and go to our mother and the two of them would disappear into the light of the moon that hung above them.

After the third time of having the dream I got out of bed and got dressed even though it was only 4 in the morning and I had hours before school would start.

I pulled out my desk chair and made myself comfortable with a mug of hot chocolate and my sketch pad. I took a sip of the silky smooth beverage and closed my eyes, focusing on the woman's face, then began to draw her. I drew her and Stephen multiple times, in different parts of the dream. I smiled looking down at my paper and seeing their smiling faces. I added my own face with theirs and displayed the paper on my bedside table. At least on this piece of paper we can all be together.

I wish I had known her. Having the horrible parents I have, it was impossible not to daydream of what my life could have been like with a sweet loving mother. I liked that Wes had told me I reminded him of her. I'd have to remember to drill him for more information on her next time I go over. I still need to get my hands on that book too.

I looked at my clock and realized I had killed so much time that I was about to be late for class. I was so not ready to go back to school, but I had already missed two days last week and I don't want my grades to suffer. I shoved my red converse on and grabbed a black beanie and ran out the door.

I arrived to school with only seconds to spare.

"Somebody slept in." Garrett commented when I sat down in my seat next to him.

I rolled my eyes and sighed. "Ugh, I wish. I didn't sleep well at all, so I got up and started fiddling around and somehow or another manage to almost miss the first bell."

Garrett laughed. "I couldn't sleep last night either. I was having weird dreams."

"About what?" I asked overly interested.

"I don't remember, I just know they kept me restless."

"Oh." I said deflated. "I dreamt of my mom."

"Really?"

"Yes. Well, my mom and Stephen."

Garrett must have sensed my sadness. "I'm sorry." He whispered to me. "If you ever want to talk, I am always here for you."

"I'm fine." I shrugged. "So, do you want to have lunch with me today?" He chewed his lip and dropped his eyes. "Never mind, its fine." I said annoyed. "You just eat with your girlfriend."

Garrett looked at me quickly, but the teacher called the class to order and he didn't have a chance to say anything else to me. When class was over I shot up from my seat and bolted to the door.

The conversation put me in a pissy mood for the rest of the day. I huffed from class to class, hardly paying attention, just being there.

"Are you sad about Derrek?" Brittany asked casually at lunch.

"Huh?" I had been thinking of my dreams again and not paying attention to anything that was being said by my friends.

"Derrek." She said again. "Are you missing him?"