41.

We woke up bright and early the next day.

Carrianne had forgotten to tell the front desk that we didn't want our complimentary wake up call, so 7am on the dot the alarm clock on the rickety bedside table that separated our two beds began screeching.

"Oh my god!" Carrianne groaned grabbing her pillow and putting it over her head. "Make it stop."

I sat up and smacked the top of the clock, then looked over at Garrett. Waking up next to him was something I could get used to, even if it was a rude awakening. He yawned and rubbed the sleep from his eyes. "Good morning." He grinned.

"Good morning." I said back with a smile.

"You look beautiful." He whispered.

I leaned down to kiss him when I got smacked in the back of the head with Carrianne's pillow. "This is even worse than the alarm!" She complained. "Someone turn it back on so it can drown you two out!"

I looked over to her sheepishly. "I'm sorry." I mouthed to her.

She smiled, making me feel a little better. As much as I didn't want to admit it, I was really starting to like Carrianne, and I don't want to make her uncomfortable. "Honestly, it's fine." She said tossing her covers back. "I was only teasing after all." I looked at her skeptically as she strutted over to the bathroom. "It'll be even more ok with me, if you'll come to breakfast with me. I am famished."

She looked at me expectantly as she waited in the bathroom doorway. I glanced over at Garrett and saw that he was already falling back to sleep. "Fine." I told her and she clapped her hands and headed into the bathroom to get ready.

Garrett popped his eyes open the second she closed the door and grabbed my face, pulling me down to him. "I thought she'd never leave." He whispered to me as he threw the blanket back over the two of us. I giggled as he flipped me over so that I was laying on my back beneath him. He propped himself up over me on his elbows and kissed the tip of my nose. "I wish we had our own room."

I smiled leaning up to kiss the tip of his nose. "Me too, but it's important that we stay together anyway."

We both turned our heads in the direction of the bathroom when we heard the shower cut on, then turned back to each other smiling. "Sounds like we've got a minute." He beamed.

"Knowing what I know about Carrianne, I'd be willing it takes more than just a minute for that girl to take a shower." I pointed out with a devilish grin.

Garrett raised his eyebrows and then brought his lips down to mine. "Even better." He whispered right before his lips crushed mine.

Not so shockingly, Carrianne managed to take a 45 minute long shower. By the time she came out of the bathroom she was looking her usual runway ready self. I had tried to convince her that her makeup and hair straightener were not necessities that you take on the run with you, but she had been adamant that she would not leave her house if she couldn't bring them along.

She informed me when she came out that we would have to go eat first and I could shower later, since she'd used all the hot water. I threw on a sweatshirt and some jean shorts then pulled my hair up into a high bun. "Do you want us to bring you something back?" I asked Garrett before we headed across the street.

"He doesn't eat breakfast foods." Carrianne informed me as she pulled me by the wrist out the door. "We'll bring you back some chicken." She called over her shoulder before slamming the door behind us.

We sat in the same booth as yesterday, but this time I got a little more adventurous and ordered the Billy's Breakfast Platter. It was so much food we should have just shared. I was dying I was so full by the time I finished. Carrianne was prattling on and on about how excited to see Scarlett again she was, but I couldn't focus on her words. "Care? Are you sure you're ok with me and Garrett?" I asked her suddenly, causing her to choke up on her drink for a second.