Chapter 4

With the new comers in bed, Krewing went down to a private room he had sealed off from anyone, but himself. 

He pulled a black key from his pocket and unlocked the door, stepped inside and locked the door back behind himself.

The room was lit by a few bulbs along the walls, but only a single item occupied the space.

He went over to a black orb that hovered in the center of the room.

"Something is occurring." A gravely voice emanated from it, "the power source held within our containment field responded to your visitors. The pulse it released was not part of its regular pattern."

"You think they may cause trouble?" Krewing asked it.

"It is possible. The search you have sent them on, what are your plans?"

"Simple." Krewing paced around the orb, "have my dozen kill them once they reach the mountain."

"All of them?" The voice sounded unsure. 

"Yes. The kid has been a thorn in my side. With him out of the way, we can set up our rule. Simply frame the group for their deaths, and then claim the group was killed therefore."

"Then it is done. We shall shadow them, ensuring the deed is carried out."

"Very well, my lords." He bowed to the orb.

"Let us be adjourned."

He went over and let himself out of the room. 

Locking the door back behind himself, he smiled as went to his bedchamber. 

Soon he would be rid of the child, the so called rightful heir. 

Then he could start his own life a new, the sole ruler of a land with unlimited power. The planet would be the first he would completely rule, then he would stretch his reach as far as he could, using the never ending energy to fuel his armies further than ever before, ruling all things within his grasp.

He smiled to himself. "And it all begins tomorrow."

Kaet had a terrible dream. 

It was her father, back on Austrorth, his mask removed, grinning over a burned skeleton. 

Slowly, the dream shifted, a bright light filling the picture in her mind.

"Come, release me from these bonds." The voice held power, and was smooth, almost blissful. 

The sound of it relaxed her.

"Kasm," she absently spoke in her dreams. 

"I'm here." 

She leapt upright in bed, startled. 

His voice; it sounded so real. 

So close by. 

How couldn't it not be?

She laid her head back on her pillow, a solitary tear dropping next to her. 

Hopefully her father was rotting away in some prison cell. To her, he deserved much worse. 

She had started to embrace the fact that Kasm had been killed, almost sure if it when a fluctuating power source turned out to be the cause of the signal. 

But now, a small flicker of hope began to burn in her heart.

She awoke that morning to a knock at her door. Mrax had come to wake her, and some guards dropped by with fresh clothes.