Part 15

Chapter 15

AMY'S POV

Snape laughed humorlessly. I scowled at him. I crossed my arms tightly across and jutted out my hips. Funny, was it? I waited until he was done laughing to talk.

"What's so funny, Snape?" I asked menacingly.

"You, of all people," Snape said. "You, the Dark Lord's daughter... in the Order of the Phoenix!? That's absurd!"

"Right, Snape, because you should be talking," I snapped. I turned my head away pointedly. "I'm only joining so I can infiltrate it."

"Of course," Snape said, rolling his eyes. "Because a 15 year old girl can obviously fool a group of grown wizards."

"You'd be surprised at what I can do," I growled.

"What do you want me to do about it?" Snape asked.

"I want you to get me into the fucking Order!" I yelled, stomping my foot rather childishly.

"Watch your language, Amelia," Snape said dangerously.

I stared in disbelief. "Right, because you can tell me what to do, I forgot," I said sarcastically.

"Correct," Snape said. "I am your teacher at Hogwarts."

"Yeah, but to my father, that doesn't matter. You may be my teacher, Snape, but I'm your superior," I said defiantly. "And if you don't get me into the Order of the Phoenix, I will tell my father, and he'll have something to say about it."

"So now you're a tattletale?" Snape said. "Funny, I'd have thought more of the Dark Lord's daughter. Are you that much of a coward?"

"Coward? You know what, Snape?" I whispered threateningly, glaring at him with as much hate as I could. "I don't like you. Not at all. I'm merely doing what my father has asked me to. And you're getting in my way. You should be kneeling in front of me. Because you're nothing. Just to let you know, sir, it's not my fault if he gets mad at you for not assisting me with my task."

Snape looked me in the eye. I had been meaning to scare him into helping, but it seemed like he was only annoyed with me. "Fine," he said. "I will get you into the Order of the Phoenix. But don't think you can come running to me if you run into any trouble. Once I get you in you're on your own."

HERMIONE'S POV

"So now she wants to get into the Order of the Phoenix?" I asked skeptically.

"Yeah, that's what Harry told me."

I was talking with Ron. He had told me about Amy wanting to join the Order. I didn't believe it. I thought something was quite fishy about it.

"Don't you think it's a bit odd," I said. "She wants to join the Order of the Phoenix after hearing us talk about it. She does seem like a really nice girl, but don't you think it's a bit... I don't know, sudden?"

"No, not really," Ron said. "She just doesn't like You-Know-Who."

"On one hand, it would be great to have a new friend in the Order. She's really smart and good at magic, even though she's underage," I pointed out. "On the other hand, would they even let her join? I mean, like I said, she's underage."

"That's the tricky part," Ron said. "I don't know if they'll let her join. They don't even know her, and they won't let an outsider join. 'Mione, we're not outsiders and we're barely in the Order!"

"Just what I was thinking," I said.

"I wish she would be in the Order," Ron said longingly. "She's amazing..."

I rolled my eyes. "Ron, I don't know about you sometimes." I laughed.

"But anyway," Ron said. "What can we do to make her in the Order?"

"Do we want her in the order?" I asked. "Do we trust her?"

"Of course we trust her!" Ron exclaimed. "Why wouldn't we?"

"The thing is," I said, "Harry told us that she wanted to join after hearing us talk about it."

"So?" Ron asked. "Wouldn't anybody?"

"Ron..." I grimaced. "We never were talking about it!"

DRACO'S POV

"How could she!?" I yelled, punching my fist into the wall.

"Draco..." Pansy cooed. "It's alright."

"That filthy, backstabbing, heartless little BITCH!" I yelled, punctuating each word with a punch to the dormitory wall. "I hate her!"

"Draco..." Pansy whispered, coming up behind me. "You still have me."

I turned around. "Yeah. I don't need her."

"Forget about her. She's worthless. She's nothing."

I remembered all the feelings I used to have for her. I remembered all the times we played as children. Everything we've ever done or said. I used to envy her, to look up to her, to love her.

She was my friend. My best friend.

But not anymore. Not ever.