Part 19

Chapter 19

AMY'S POV

I woke up the next morning in a piss awful mood. Yesterday hadn't gone too well, and although I had warned my father of the vision thing with Potter, I still managed to land myself a detention with Snape. It was going to be a rotten day today. Maybe something good could happen, please?

I walked into the common room with my books and stuff. I walked over to Teddy. He seemed buzzing with some sort of news he wanted to tell me.

"What's on your mind?" I asked him.

"Oh, you'll never belive this," Teddy said, grinning. "I know I'm not one for gossip, but... Draco's going out with Pansy Parkinson!"

My jaw dropped. I tried to say something, but nothing came out. Teddy laughed at my expression. I blinked a few times, trying to process what I just heard. Finally, the power of speech came to me, however garbled it might have been.

"Dra - Pansy - wha?" I stuttered. "Since when?"

Teddy laughed again. "People only found out last night. I was going to tell you then, but you went right to bed. I can see you're shocked."

"Hell, yeah, I'm shocked," I said.  "I can't believe he would fall for that... that..."

"How about you don't finish that sentence, Wolfe," said a voice. Draco's voice. I didn't need to see him to know it was him.

"How about I do?" I said, turning on the spot.

"If you do, I'll hex you," Draco said, taking out his wand. "Don't make me do that."

"You could try," I laughed. "And if you do... well, I think you know just what I can do to you."

Draco reddened. He didn't want to get shown up by me. He fired a hex at me. I moved out of the way lazily.

"Come on, Drakie," I taunted him. "You can do better than that!"

Draco reddened even more. Draco fired another spell at me. I neatly stepped aside. Just then, a new voice entered the mix.

"Trying to harm a fellow classmate, Draco?" It was Snape. "I guess you'll have to join Miss Wolfe in detention tonight. Pity. The day has barely begun and you're already in trouble."

The room was filled with murmurs as Draco blushed. I gave him a sweet smile. Draco had to serve detention. And what's worse, for him, he had to serve it with me. This was going to be an entertaining night.

Later on, I walked to detention. I opened the door to Snape's office. Draco was already sitting there, wearing a pouting expression. I smiled at the sight of him. He turned when I walked in and scowled. I grinned and gave him a small wave.

Snape turned. "Ah, Miss Wolfe has gotten here at last," Snape said. "You're late."

"And?" I sat down.

"And I won't tolerate your lateness again," Snape said. "I'm your professor. Therefore, I have superiority over you."

I smiled softly. With a tone sounding creepily like my father's, I said, "Poor Snape. He actually thinks he can boss me around like that."

Draco looked up at me in fear, indicating that I should shut up now or we both would get in even more trouble than we already were.

"There are so many horrible ways to die in the world," I said silkily. "You better hope I don't have one picked out for you."

Snape, although I could tell he was trying not to, paled slightly. I met his eyes with a cold smile. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw beads of sweat form on Draco's head.

Snape pulled himself together quickly. "You should watch your tongue, Miss Wolfe. Unfortunately for you, I know your father quite well. I could always tell him about what you do at school."

"And he won't do a thing," I snapped. "And you know it!"

Draco looked at the ceiling in annoyance. "Amy, just calm down," he whispered.

"You should listen to your friend Draco over here," Snape said. "Draco is a good boy around his superiors."

"You mean he's a coward?" I asked. "Because you're correct there."

Draco glared at me, but didn't do anything further.

"I would appreciate it if you would cooperate," Snape said. "You'll be here all night if you don't begin your detention now."

I glared at Snape. Snape glared back at me. Finally, I rolled my eyes. "Fine," I said. "But only because I don't want to spend the entire night here. Don't think you've won anything," I added forcefully.

I sat down and got to work. Stupid Snape.

Stupid Draco. This was his fault.