Part 32 (Part 3 of THE END)

Chapter 32

AMY"S POV

My head was ringing. I couldn't hear, I could barely see, everything I felt was pain. Around me, I heard shattering glass. I blinked my eyes a couple of times. I reached up and felt my head, when I realized my mask had fallen off. I scrambled up, searching the ground for it. I found it lying in piles of broken prophecies. I slipped it on my face again as fast as I could in fear of being seen, standing up.

All around me was destruction. My ears continued to ring as I staggered towards the door. I couldn't see any other Death Eaters around. I assumed they had left already in hot pursuit of Potter.

In the distance I saw a door. I Disapparated, appearing right in front of it. I hesitantly turned the knob. This was the department of mysteries, after all. Who knows where you'd end up in this hellish place.

HARRY'S POV

The six of us walked around the new room. It was quiet - a nice change from the chaos we had just escaped. The room was dark. There were glowing models of planets and stars hanging from the ceiling. I had no idea what this room could be for. It looked like some sort of science lab or astrology room. There were no Death Eaters so far.

"Alright, stay quiet," I hissed to the rest of them. "Let's just find the door and get out."

The others didn't meet my gaze.

"What?"

"Nothing," Hermione said. "It's just ... Sirius isn't here."

I closed my eyes briefly. "Listen, I'm sorry. I should have known. But we have the prophecy. Let's just get out of here as soon as we can."

I turned my head sharply when I heard a patter of footsteps. I raised my wand, although something in the back of my mind told me that it wasn't a Death Eater. From around the corner came ...

Teddy Nott?

"Oh, oh my god," Teddy gasped out, doubling over and clutching his chest. "Blimey, you nearly gave me a heart attack." He straightened up, raising his arms. "Just don't hurt me, don't worry. I'm here to help."

"We don't want help from you, you slimy -" Ron began.

"Oi, no need for that," Teddy said, a smirk on his lips.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"I'm here to warn you," Teddy said, the smile fading from his face. "My father - he's a Death Eater. They're here."

"Believe me, we know," Hermione said.

"They're coming," Teddy said. "Right now. They know where you are. They're in this room. I know the way out." 

"What makes you think we're gonna trust you?" Ron demanded.

"We really have no choice at this point. How are we gonna get out on our own?" Neville asked.

"Please, just trust me," he said. "I can help you."

I looked to the rest of the group. "Fine. Lead the way."

Teddy grinned. "Alright, follow me!"

"Not ... so ... fast ..."

AMY'S POV (slight flashback)

Through the door was a room filled with planets and stars. I looked up at the ceiling. It was beautiful. The room was dark, except for the slight glow that the planets gave off. It was quiet, and so far there were no signs of Potter or any of his friends. I took a few steps in when I heard footsteps close to me. I lit up my wand, not too bright, and shone it around, trying to find the source of the noise. I may have just been hallucinating. This was the department of mysteries. It could be anything.