Part 34 (Part 5 [Final Part] of THE END)

Chapter 34

AMY'S POV

I sprinted as hard as I can, trying to keep up with Harry. I heard Bellatrix's cackling voice from up ahead, taunting Harry about Sirius's death.

"I killled Sirius Black!" she said in a sing-song voice. "Are you coming to get me?!"

"Crucio!" I heard Harry yell.

Bellatrix fell to the floor, slightly out of breath. She looked up at him, both fear and amusement in her eyes.

I came up behind them. I stopped in my tracks, slipping to the ground, out of breath, in pain, and way too emotional for this shit. I watched in silence. I heard a voice echo around the room. A voice I knew far too well.

"You've got to mean it, Harry ... You know the spell ... She killed him. She deserves it."

I tried to shrink myself down as my father slowly Apparated into the room. He stood, facing Harry, watching him as he pointed his wand down at Bellatrix.

"Do it!" he hissed.

Harry turned around, looking at him. He flicked his wand, trying to send some sort of curse at him. My father easily deflected it, sending Harry's wand clattering to the ground.

"Weak," Voldemort said. "So weak."

Harry looked terrified. Here he was, wandless, vulnerable, alone in a room with three of his enemies. I felt bad for him. I wanted to run up to my father and tell him to lay off, because the closest thing to a family Harry ever had just died.

I got to my feet slowly, walking quietly over to them. I stayed close to the fireplaces, not wanting to get in the way.

There was a green glow and a whoosh of flame. I turned my head towards the other fireplaces, only to see the one and only Albus Dumbledore walk out of one.

For the first time ever, I saw fear in my father's eyes.

"It was foolish of you to come here tonight, Tom," Dumbledore said, holding his wand by his side. He advanced towards Harry and my father. "The Aurors are on their way."

"By which time I will be gone ... and you shall be dead," Dad replied.

Everything happened so quickly.

My father sent a curse flying at Dumbledore, who sent one back just as quickly. Dumbledore pushed Harry out of the way, protecting him from any harm. Bellatrix slid into one of the fireplaces, vanishing from sight. My father and Dumbledore held the curse for a long time, causing sparks to fly off of the connection, slamming into pieces of brick. I crouched in the corner, protecting myself from falling rocks.

I looked to the side, making eye contact with Harry. I glanced back to the two dueling wizards. A brick came far too close to my head. I moved, looking towards my dad. I made eye contact with him. He seemed to see that I was in danger, so he stepped to the side, giving me a somewhat safe area to run past. I scrambled up, running towards Dad. I slid on the floor, ending up behind him.

I felt safer with him.

My father then broke the spell, sending the curse into the wall. Bricks and rocks clattered to the ground. He raised his hand, creating a large, fiery serpent. It reared up, it's back to us, almost as if it were protecting me. My father laughed as the snake hissed at Dumbledore and Potter.

The snake darted at Dumbledore, who flicked his wand in an attempt to wave it away. The snake leaned back, but wasn't harmed. The snake continued to attempt to lunge at Dumbledore, but with Dumbledore's skill, the snake was ineffective. Dumbledore exploded the snake, sending flames at my father and me. Dad deflected the fire, preventing it from burning the both of us.