Chapter One

Chapter One (Unedited)

- Kindly put your playlist here-

"My heart might be bruised, but it will recover and become capable of seeing beauty of life once more. It's happened before, it will happen again, I'm sure. When someone leaves, it's because someone else is about to arrive--I'll find love again." – Paulo Coelho, The Zahir

Xander's POV

***L.A. California***

"Mr. Hayes is here to see you sir." My executive secretary said over the intercom. "Can you see him for a few moments now? He said it's very important."

The mention of the name made my nerves tensed immediately. Mr. Hayes was the private investigator I hired a year ago to find my missing fiancée. Mia Stewart.

"Mr. Valiente?"

I looked at my Rolex watch. I hesitated. I have an important deal to close in fifteen minutes. "Okay, show him in."

I was not really interested in finding fiancée anymore. I gave up looking for her a few months ago.

I did everything to find Mia. Hired a private investigator. Traveled in all countries she'd been in the past years. Asked her family and friends about her whereabouts. But they just said the same thing. They didn't know where she was or who she was with.

That's bullshit! I knew her family would die of worry if they never knew where she was, especially his brother, Tristan Latsis.

But realization suddenly hit me. It's hard to find someone who doesn't want to be found. And that made me stopped.

The office door opened and my secretary came in together with Mr. Hayes.

"Good morning, Mr. Valiente."

I stood up and shook Mr. Haye's extended hand then invited him to a seat in front of my table.

"I have good news for you."

My heart suddenly stopped beating. 

"I found your fiancée." Mr. Hayes continued.

It was the news I expected. Hearing him said it still brought a cold tension in my body.

"Are you sure?"

Mr. Hayes smiled and pushed a brown envelope towards me. "Positive. See for yourself."

I opened the envelope and saw a picture of a sexy hot woman in gold bikini. She has long golden blond hair parted in the middle and its waves flowing over her shoulders. She was posing seductively on a white sand beach.

The woman looked like Mia. But...

I studied her tanned legs and arms, her skimpy bikini, then focused my eyes to her breasts. "No. This is not Mia." I put down the picture on the table, feeling disgusted.

"She is Mia Stewart. She disguises herself as Lily Rojas. A smokin' hot Latina bikini model."

I laughed to cover my annoyance. "Mia is very conservative, like a saint. She never wears skimpy bikinis. That girl is good as naked!"

"That's what you think." Mr. Hayes got another envelope from his attaché case. "I have recent photos of her. This will convince you that Lily Rojas and Mia Stewart are the same."

I took the envelope and opened it.

There were two pictures. The first pic, the same blond woman was laughing - like she just heard a joke from the man sitting beside her.